Predator eyes saddle apron for rooster

:eek:Oh, oh, oh!!!
:oldI saw a "new" BIRD-OF-FREAKING-PREY yesterday!!!
:rantNever EVER had seen one of these birds here!
:cafI think it was a white-tailed kite!
:thIt flew in low & slow and slammed right into the welded wire fence of the goat yard.
:popHave any of y'all had any losses from this type of B.O.P?
:flOr do they mainly stick with rodents?

It flew in low & slow and slammed right into the welded wire fence of the goat yard. :lau:gig

we have quiet a few hawks here but never lost any chooks to them, last couple of years i have noticed a white hawk hanging around i wasn't to sure what it was but apparently we do have white hawks here in south west Victoria, Australia. On a plus note we have lots of magpies aswell and they are very friendly towards us and warn me when the hawks come in so i go out and keep an eye on things. I have learned to listen to the different noises the magpies make and now i know the calling cry for trouble.
But we do have a problem with foxes and had only lost 1 chook to a fox a year ago but recently we had a gum tree drop a limb onto our enclosed chook run and the fox was able to get in :hit

It flew in low & slow and slammed right into the welded wire fence of the goat yard. :lau:gig

we have quiet a few hawks here but never lost any chooks to them, last couple of years i have noticed a white hawk hanging around i wasn't to sure what it was but apparently we do have white hawks here in south west Victoria, Australia. On a plus note we have lots of magpies aswell and they are very friendly towards us and warn me when the hawks come in so i go out and keep an eye on things. I have learned to listen to the different noises the magpies make and now i know the calling cry for trouble.
But we do have a problem with foxes and had only lost 1 chook to a fox a year ago but recently we had a gum tree drop a limb onto our enclosed chook run and the fox was able to get in :hit

:oldWhat do the foxes do, just sit around waiting on a perfect opportunity? :oops:

:mad:Sly little foxes, they must all die!!!

:idunnoWhat does the fox say?

:gig:lauROTFLMBO:lau:gig

:old butterfly size to a chicken would be the same as a small bird to a hawk :plbb:frow
The point is that butterflies are trying to deter birds that would fear predators. I doubt that hawks or owls would be deterred by something they do not naturally fear (ground dwelling predators).

Fine!:tongue

I just don't want him to die:oops:

It's worth a try! Nature knows best. Better than nothing, eh? And what have you got to lose? Just your rooster if you don't try ... and the loss of R2Elk's respect if you do. Hmm. What to do, what to do... no offense, @R2elk! ;)

It's worth a try! Nature knows best. Better than nothing, eh? And what have you got to lose? Just your rooster if you don't try ... and the loss of R2Elk's respect if you do. Hmm. What to do, what to do... no offense, @R2elk! ;)
Eh, I'll send that rooster out in a rainbow color tutu if it'll help his chances of survival. @R2elk is just being practical, understandable.
LMAO that dog vest is badass! That would look amazing on a rooster! Perhaps also a spiked collar, some biker boots and black sunglasses....no hawk would touch him!! Jk of course:)
:thumbsup
I can actually picture him in my minds eye, only bc I grew up watching the good cartoons.:pop

Back
Top Bottom