Predator eyes saddle apron for rooster

:frowThank you!
:oldHe survived a dog attack when he was just a wee pullet!
:loveAnd now that he's grown into a beautiful rooster I'd like to do everything possible to keep him alive.
I see why you want to keep him alive now, he's worth millions! He might even be worth a billion if he's the only True Rooster that used to really be a pullet!
:lau

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the spikes, but BLACK. BLACK leather. Poor rooster wouldn’t need the hawk to dispatch him; he’d just die of humiliation. Actual leather, btw... that really might deter a hawk, or at least resist the talons. What about a coat featuring the snarling mouth of a tiger! Or a bear... or maybe the business end of a shotgun? If you made it a double barreled shotgun, it wouldn’t be far from looking like sinister eyes...

Seriously though, I think I’d be more inclined toward a seasonal camouflage pattern. You could give it little fringes all over like a ghillie suit. Now all you have to do is convince the hens they ought to submit to carryin’ his babies. Okay I’m getting out of hand again... this is just too much fun. I really do think camo would be most likely to give you value for dollars. He’s so white, he really stands out (unless it’s snowy). Camo might help with that.

Cover can also help... trees, bushes, picnic tables, big plastic play equipment, yard ornaments. Anything to hide behind or confuse the landscape and confuse/obstruct the raptor’s field of vision.
I like the way you think. Too funny.
Maybe you should get into the business of making some of those.
You know sometimes the silliest ideas with just a bit of "hey, that might work" sell like crazy.

I like the spikes, but BLACK. BLACK leather. Poor rooster wouldn’t need the hawk to dispatch him; he’d just die of humiliation. Actual leather, btw... that really might deter a hawk, or at least resist the talons. What about a coat featuring the snarling mouth of a tiger! Or a bear... or maybe the business end of a shotgun? If you made it a double barreled shotgun, it wouldn’t be far from looking like sinister eyes...

Seriously though, I think I’d be more inclined toward a seasonal camouflage pattern. You could give it little fringes all over like a ghillie suit. Now all you have to do is convince the hens they ought to submit to carryin’ his babies. Okay I’m getting out of hand again... this is just too much fun. I really do think camo would be most likely to give you value for dollars. He’s so white, he really stands out (unless it’s snowy). Camo might help with that.

Cover can also help... trees, bushes, picnic tables, big plastic play equipment, yard ornaments. Anything to hide behind or confuse the landscape and confuse/obstruct the raptor’s field of vision.

I did not know what a ghillie suit was so I looked it up. Man that thing looks WARM! I want one... at least until Spring.... your roo will look like a gorilla in one. He may be very toasty, but that should deter hawks! Might frighten the hens, too! :lau Poor boy. We are having way too much fun at his expense! ;)

Hahaha you guys were thinking of cartoons, but I was picturing the Terminator!
I do like the leather saddle idea, that could actually work, perhaps giving him enough protection to struggle free. It would have to be thick leather though, like welding glove grade not garment leather, cause hawk talons are SHARP.

If you’re really really determined to save him though, why not try some aversion training? Perhaps a hawk silhouette on a stick? Chase him around with it, make it scary, make him fear things that attack him from the sky. Your neighbors may think you’ve gone insane though lol

I was the passenger, I didn't eat bugs. And Dude! Didn't you wear a face shield!? :th
I've eaten a lot of bugs while riding but never butterflies.
And I'll continue eating them because I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a face shield while riding.
Face shields are for grinding metal. Goggles or sunglasses are for riding.
Maybe go home tonight and put some fake eyes on the back of my jacket though. Hate to get attacked by a hawk while out riding.

Back
Top Bottom