Predator Skirt around cement blocks

Dreamzchaser

Crowing
Feb 24, 2021
SW, Michigan
I am at the beginning of a coop building. I did not wanted it to be permanent, so I did not dug and added cement to 4X4 posts because I did not used them. This is the coop site. It will be coop and run that will be the extent of the length of back of the house.
coopsite1.jpg coopsite2.jpg
The length is about 30ft by 20ft wide. The coop should be 10X8 but for some odd reason, the floor measures 10.5 by 8.5 FT.
I used these blocks to help me keep a straight line and used smaller blocks to help bring up areas that needed in order to have a leveled floor. The blocks are 10 in high but some places it turned to 12 inches high because I had to raise some to level floor.
floordone.jpg aboutafoothigh.jpg aboutafoothigh.jpg
Now my problem is, how do I place a predator skirt around these blocks. Is there something else I need or just wrap around.
I need help with this because my ladies are in 7 wks and they need room as well as I need the room back to remove the dust and smell out. Please advise. and prompt thank you for the advises.

I would do the washer and fender skirt around the blocks you have but purchase more blocks to hold down the skirt where it meets the ground, then you can bring the skirt out along the ground. The corners of the blocks you have will have to be wrapped with your wrapping presents skills.
This is what I was afraid off. It is very heavy to lift now. I will have to get the thing to life my vehicle up to get those up. Thank you so very much. I might have to remove everything and start again. And there is snow in the forecast for this week and next week too, :hit That is after 2 weeks of raining on and off. :he

This is what I was afraid off. It is very heavy to lift now. I will have to get the thing to life my vehicle up to get those up. Thank you so very much. I might have to remove everything and start again. And there is snow in the forecast for this week and next week too, :hit That is after 2 weeks of raining on and off. :he
If you do a skirt, there would be no lifting of the entire floor.

Another thought if it isn’t too late it to unscrew the plywood base and then lay your wire where you want it and then replace the plywood; this will sandwich the wire.
What are the washer and fender?
The 2X6 are screws to each other in the corners but not to the block. It has like an X on top and the boards are laying there.
download.jpg
So I kind of wonder how the sandwich is going to work. Seems like a two man job. I have to figure this out. It is just not clicking in my head how to approach this predicament. I appreciate your help. Two minds are better than an old rusty one, :lau

Since we are expecting snow, I put every wood I have ($600.00 worth) on top and covered them with tarp for the night because of the rain and snow. But once I get a slight window, I will uncover it and see. Thank you so much!!!

This is the apron skirt where I laid concrete blocks to hold down the hardware cloth. I did this with my chicken coop and run also. My coop is also raised off the ground.
A14B9FDC-7269-4201-BD27-823400B48330.jpeg

This is the roof of the duck run but it did this also for my chicken coop and run, the hardware cloth was wrapped and folded over the roof and then the plywood was installed, this makes sure the hardware cloth won’t move. You can also see the fender washers I used to hold the cloth in place.
FAEFFF7D-2983-4386-BE1B-BBD03C3CBDC5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom