Predators in the UK ...

Mis-Chief

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Hello everyone,

I hope this post is in the right place, There is a lot of info on here about a wide range of pest/predators but i was wondering if anyone knows anything about what kinds of predators are around in the UK I know we have a few snakes but i only know of two kinds and one is harmless and the other protected. also Foxes obviously as they killed my last chickens :(.

welcome-byc.gif
I would guess stoats, fox, and possibly European buzzards plus the neighbors' dogs and cats.

I never thought of buzzards but the run will be having a roof as the uks weather is mainly wet lol .. also thinking of sinking some concreate posts to stop the foxes trying to dig under the wire..

Other than that i dont know what else to do

Hedge hogs ??? but they are so cute and how can they be a harm to the chickies.

Dont get to many ferrets by me unless some careless owner has let them free .. i hate people who dont look after their pets .. my garden is completely boxed in by other peoples gardens so i dont need to worry about naughty human intruders :) ..

Wild bird i notice have been flocking to the chicken run to find food .. how can i stop them doing this .. should i stop providing wild bird food cause i usually do put some out for them..

Back
Top Bottom