Predators

oldchickenman

Songster
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Parsonsburg Md.
Predators so far this year we have had coons,black snakes,great horn owl,rats,lots of fox,coyote, and now we have a small hawk that wont leave us alone i cant even let my pigeons out anymore cause he seems to alwways get one. I sure have used alot of amo this year lol. Anyboy else have a year like this.

My pigeons have been locked up since mid Sept., and I probably won't fly them again until April. The Cooper's hawks get worse every year. Just yesterday one was trying to kill a c*ckbird in my front flower bed. The pheasant was 3 X the size of the hawk and was on the losing end of things until I intervened.

I've eliminated 3 coons and a possum so far this year.

Just this evening, I went out to lock up the girls. I couldn't find them. Then I noticed a huge pile of white feathers in the middle of the pasture. I was sure my leghorn, Sunday, was a goner.
sad.png

I found all my birds shortly thereafter huddled under my car in the garage. I'm so glad I'd left the door open!

Sunday is missing all her tail feathers, but is otherwise unharmed. I'm guessing dog?

We have primarily dogs as predators (stupid neighbors!
rant.gif
), but lost a rooster to a coon, dozens of eggs to rats, and we have seen possums & hawks around.

Back
Top Bottom