Prefab extended

Here the start to it

Attachments

• 37BE8926-72A9-4B71-956F-8B80D1987012.jpeg
    37BE8926-72A9-4B71-956F-8B80D1987012.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 22
How many birds do you have? I wouldn't put more than 2 in that coop unless they're bantams and then maybe 4.

A prefab will always look bigger in the picture. I think they use a lot of photoshop. I recommend saving some money and investing in a real coop. Check Craigs List - sometimes you can find local coop or shed builders with reasonable prices.

That looks really good. I have this same prefab and I'm always looking to improve on it too. I know some will say it isn't big enough and I understand and appreciate their advice but we all have our reasons for purchasing a prefab and individual situations. My chickens have a run also so they really only sleep at night in the coop and the only trouble I have with it is the roosting bars are too low and I am working on modifying them now with help from some good people on this forum. Hope you are enjoying your flock. I know I am!

How many birds do you have? I wouldn't put more than 2 in that coop unless they're bantams and then maybe 4.

A prefab will always look bigger in the picture. I think they use a lot of photoshop. I recommend saving some money and investing in a real coop. Check Craigs List - sometimes you can find local coop or shed builders with reasonable prices.

I have 5 in this coop and they just needed a little more room. The coop looked bigger in tractor supply on display. My wife talked me into it rather than building one which I could appreciate her reasoning for wanting a prefab. But this next picture is the one I built out of pallets for my silkies.

Attachments

• F7289C37-72D0-4A01-A2AE-D9F2056D6DC5.jpeg
    F7289C37-72D0-4A01-A2AE-D9F2056D6DC5.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 22
Good job, sir. But if I was already committed to building a run taking your time and energy in the process..... I would have made it bigger, it's not like it will require that more work in doing so and the extra cost in materials and wires is minimal. But then again you don't have that many chickens so, I guess what you have works for you.

Back
Top Bottom