pregnant doe-im a first timer-i need help!!

Frenchie has bagged up but her udders are very firmand milks not coming out its a transparent red (bloody) liquid! What does this mean????????

HELP!

DSCF1695.jpg

What a sweet baby and its a GIRL too!! thats great ...Is she nursing? If not you need to get solostrum and give it to her soon...your window is 12 hrs...Hopefully momma goat has something for her to eat.
Not sure what you are talking about ...the milk is bloody and thin...I hope its not mastitis you will need to bottle feed the baby...I would have her checked. The mommas milk to see whats wrong with it...this is not normal for it to be like that.

If the infected teat is bloody or comes out bloody milk, its mastitis and you need to milk her out twice or three times a day and must warn you, it will smell BAD! Enough to make you gag but gotta do it. You can still let her nurse her kid off the good teat. She will be fine. The kid will have to be fed more often tho to make up for the bad side.

Congratulations on the new kid! Cute!

Also if it is Mastitis you will need to treat her with either Boimycin 2 times a day or Pen G ...what is her weight? yep you need to milk that bad side out and get some treatment for mastitis at the feed store and infuse it also or get it from the vet.

What does it mean if the teat is torn?? milk is seeping out of the skin above her nipple!?!?

Which teat...the good one or the mastitis one?

Repair the tear...superglue works well, but be careful you don't glue the teat oriface closed OR glue yourself to the teat. Also, if you have a torn teat you have a vector for infection. I'd reccomend injecting 4cc of pennicillin sub-cue three times daily for four days AFTER checking with the vet to see that pen isn't contraindicated with what he gave you to treat the mastitis.

Sounds like you now have a bottle baby...you can't let her continue to suck and keep ripping the tear open...though I assume you were already bottle feeding to keep the kid off the mastitis teat.

Bob

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom