Pregnant goat???

I can't give you an estimate, but she doesn't look like she is very close up. When she is, the udder will start filling. You will first see changes in the udder at the top where it joins the body.

She's beautiful. It looks like she still has a couple weeks. I'm guessing her udder is still soft. When it fills up with milk it will be firm. Some goats fill up quickly and others take a little longer. Her hips look fine so she shouldn't have much trouble there. And expect at least two. Do you know how many she had before or how many her mother had? Twins, triplets? My first nubian doe was a triplet; she had triplets every time; her girls had triplets. It's genetic. (I also had an awesome buck who had a 1:9 buck to doe ratio)

I can't give you an estimate, but she doesn't look like she is very close up. When she is, the udder will start filling. You will first see changes in the udder at the top where it joins the body.
thanks
wee.gif
she's hollowed out though... is it possible for a doe to hollow out weeks before the birth?
idunno.gif

She's beautiful. It looks like she still has a couple weeks. I'm guessing her udder is still soft. When it fills up with milk it will be firm. Some goats fill up quickly and others take a little longer. Her hips look fine so she shouldn't have much trouble there. And expect at least two. Do you know how many she had before or how many her mother had? Twins, triplets? My first nubian doe was a triplet; she had triplets every time; her girls had triplets. It's genetic. (I also had an awesome buck who had a 1:9 buck to doe ratio)
thank you
hugs.gif
well i have no idea how many her mother was used to having, but i was told, that she had twins last year, and i think the year before. I'm hoping for twins and if i get lucky maybe triplets! wow, that must be awesome, to have a nubian that has triplets every time
clap.gif
and the buck sounds great too. i hope i get lucked out like you did! it must be nice almost always certainly knowing how many youll have!

oh one last thing
old.gif
I'm kind of worried that i stress her out to much, because I'm always trying to feel her ligaments, and she's very shy of me unless i have food. I've tried every way to get her to like me but... nothing
hu.gif
how do you guys get new goats accustomed to you?

Salted peanuts, rasians, celery, and animal crackers. Pet her tummy, scratch between horns. Never put your hands in front of her face. They do not like that.

oops, last thing i promise! i haven't seen or felt the kid(s) move at all
hide.gif
should i be worried? can they still be felt when her flanks sink? it doesn't help that she won't let me touch her that much, but should i be able to feel them?

This pic was taken March 7.

March 13 Geisha having contractions at 5 in the afternoon (triplets)

Geisha delivers first buckling at 11:50

This pic was taken March 7.

March 13 Geisha having contractions at 5 in the afternoon (triplets)

Geisha delivers first buckling at 11:50

AWwww<3 how sweet! Thanks for the pictures:)
Sounds good! I have celery and raisins, so I'll go and try and win her over, haha
1f602.png
thanks !

I FELT THE BABIES MOVE:weee
Given of course that it was just a light fluttering, on her right side and that she was eating so it might have been her rumen at work.... But maybe it was some babies!

From the pictures, she doesn't look sunken in. Within 24 hours of kidding, the area around the base of her tail will sink in (you will be able to see her spine), the area under the hips will sink in (there will be a triangle), she will hold her tail up, she will get restless (laying down and standing back up often).
Also, my girls loved raisins, apples, and sun chips.

Back
Top Bottom