Pregnant guinea pig... I think. 3 MO UPDATE pg. 9

She is pear shapped for sure isn't she! I am guessing 2 maybe 3 from the picture. Can't feel to tell you. Had a pig that had 7 babies one time and she was three times your pigs size. Poor girl didn't wish it on any other pig in our barn! LOL

We are on baby watch too here with one of ours. Kids are really hoping for another Valentine surprise like the filly.

Sending good baby vibes your way!
frow.gif
Keep us posted!

Oh ma gosh! She's huge!!! We got a guinea pig about five weeks ago. The lady said she thought it was a boy, looked different gender wise than the other four it was in with so I told her we'd just take that one as we didn't want babies.

It kept getting so fat. I told DH I thought I was feeding it too much. Last Saturday as I'm getting ready for work, DD came running in saying she heard squealing, looked in and Fluffy had babies! I said NO WAY! Fluffy is a boy!

lau.gif
Yeah...no. Fluffy is much skinnier now and we got a buy one get two deal.
wink.png
She actually had three, but one didn't make it.

Cutest darn things, even I bought one specifically so we didn't get babies. *sigh* Thought I was being responsible! HA HA HA!
tongue.gif

GOOD LUCK!

We're still waiting for babies here! Just wanted to add a pic of the daddy, who we sadly lost on the day after Christmas. I'm anxious to see what color babies this combination makes... any guesses? He was also an abyssinian.

PC240009.jpg

He is a red/white, but his red is kind of light. So he may carry a cream gene in there. So here is my guesses for colors taking into considerations that Mama is a golden agouti/red/white....

red/white
cream/white
golden agouti/white
golden agouti/red/white (most likely)
TSW (black/red/white)
Black/cream/white
lemon agouti/cream/white
silver agouti/white (because golden agouti can hide the silver gene)

Ok, so now are you confused with all those colors!
tongue.png
LOL It takes a lot to learn.. here is a site for cavy colors that is pretty good...
http://www.geocities.com/falls_acre_cavies/cavy-colors.html

Oh and if the pigs had any American in their background you can also pop out an American pup... meaning short hair smooth coat. Had that happen one time also.

The one thing about breeding cavies is that they never follow the rules either.

Aww he was a pretty boy!

I am guessing that the babies will be
red/wht
Golden agouti/red/wht
black/wht
or TSW

though like said you can never expect anything with guinea pigs as they are usually a genetic surprise and you never know what they are hiding in their backgrounds.

I cant believe she is still holding out on you, they sure do make you wait huh? I can never stand the waiting.

Last edited:
Yeah it is wild what can pop out. We just had a litter that surprised us. The sow is a red/white like your Daddy there, but the boar is a golden solid/red/white. The baby that was produced is one of the best black/cream/whites I have had here in a long time. And there is nothing in her background that shows she produces anything that color. (I have generational pedigrees here on everyone.) My girlfriend happen to be over when he was born (on Valentines day none the less) and she fell in love with him. She breeds long haired pigs only up until she saw him! LOL

They are all cute as a button though. I don't think I have ever had an ugly pig born. I kid about the pink eyed whites being lab rat color, but they are not really ugly. LOL

Keep us posted on those babies!

Back
Top Bottom