Pregnant guinea pig... I think. 3 MO UPDATE pg. 9

My vet did not share that line of thinking
Everyone is allowed there own. I for one would not change the fact that my bonded little one got to be together.

How are things going? How big is Moma now?
frow.gif

We got home from church today to find a surprise. A not totally happy surprise.

Sunny had 7 babies, only 1 survived. She didn't clean most of them up, and they were all lined up in a row dead. One was still quite warm, so we quickly got the sack off and put it in a washcloth. I rubbed its chest vigorously, and even gave it mouth to mouth, but it never showed any signs of life. It's a sad and happy day.

The one that survived is shiny black, with a tiny red patch. Audrey named it Lucky.

The others were red and white, black and white, solid red, and agouti-looking. One was a runt, and would never have made it. It looked not-quite formed.

P3080007.jpg

P3080009.jpg

P3080003.jpg

Last edited:
Awww what a cutie
love.gif
Sorry bout the others
hit.gif
that is the largest litter I have ever heard of, mine had a litter of 4 once and I was told that was a large litter. I'm glad you had one survive , love it's color!!!

Nancy

Sorry about the ones that didn't make it. That would have been a huge litter to all survive!

That baby is adorable though. I always get a kick out of how they look exactly like adult piggies, only smaller.

Yeah, with only two teats, I don't know how she would have raised 7. So do guinea pig mothers lay on their side to nurse their babies, like cats and dogs, or does the baby get under her to nurse? I haven't witnessed any nursing activity...

Back
Top Bottom