Premade Exterior Nesting Box

ChickChick2121

Songster
Aug 15, 2021
Does anyone know where I can get a premade nesting box that accesses from the exterior? We have a coop built but hubby doesn't have time to make me one to attach to it. The one I have now with 5 boxes can only be accesses from inside the coop. I found one with about 4 boxes from Carolina coops but it's soooo expensive. I want a bank of 4 or 5 boxes that we can just frame an opening in the wall and install it. Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone know where I can get a premade nesting box that accesses from the exterior? We have a coop built but hubby doesn't have time to make me one to attach to it. The one I have now with 5 boxes can only be accesses from inside the coop. I found one with about 4 boxes from Carolina coops but it's soooo expensive. I want a bank of 4 or 5 boxes that we can just frame an opening in the wall and install it. Thanks in advance :)
Got some pics of what you have, inside and out?

Does he have time to build an outside access door to the existing nests?
Would probably be the about same amount of construction as mounting any prefab exterior nests.

Got some pics of what you have, inside and out?

Does he have time to build an outside access door to the existing nests?
Would probably be the about same amount of construction as mounting any prefab exterior nests.
We have an 8x8 walk-in coop. The existing bank of boxes sits on the floor and is 2 rows high. The chickens roost on it and poop behind it between the studs so we're pulling it out and doing a single row mounted off the floor to give us more floor space as we're adding 9 more chickens. I wish we could just cut an access to get them from the back but it won't work that way unfortunately.

I got a reversable access HenGear one I am getting ready to install… I’ll let you know how they like it.
Just came across this thread and was wondering how you like your reversible access HenGear. I just ordered one and am hopeful I'll love it. If you have any recommendations from install, or photos, that would be so helpful! Thanks in advance! :)

Back
Top Bottom