Premature duckling

This is it this morning starting to fluff out more. But still mostly sleeping and not moving much

Attachments

• 76808997-91EE-4B91-A931-185A3CDA5130.jpeg
    76808997-91EE-4B91-A931-185A3CDA5130.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 11
Are legs splayed out? Do they look deformed? I'd be concerned that it's not walking after 24 hours.
No they don’t look deformed at all! To me it just seems that it’s just not ready to be out of the egg. Rest of eggs still showing no signs of hatching

Should I be trying to give it anything? Someone suggested warm water and sugar? Or is there some supplement that I should try?

Also I don’t think it hatch from egg itself, when I went out this morning crows were around the ducks so wondering if they maybe got to the egg and I interrupted them before they actually got to duckling
No sign of other eggs hatching? Could that explain why it’s so slow to get up and move?

There’s no yolk attached when I put it back in the nest with the duck she flung it out and the yolk was detached then

Yeah just the bit where the yolk broken off
Trust me..As long as nothing else is wrong with the Duckling it should be up on its feet sometime today.
They don't need feed or water until they are up and about. Ducklings can go 3 days after hatch without feed and water. Just like Chicks they can be shipped and live off the yolk in their belly.

Back
Top Bottom