Premier electric fence help

Akm78

Songster
Apr 14, 2019
North Dakota
I’ve had a premier electric fence for a bit over a year. Last week of so it’s not been working. Did some troubleshooting. Moved it a bit to ensure bare ground under. Checked no breaks. Tester says “change battery” replaced battery and no change. Anyone???
D5299620-63DB-4FDD-B0E2-B4A90C0D7737.jpeg

Unhook fence from charger and test positive and ground on fence charger itself. If there’s power, hook everything back up and test fence directly to ground on charger. Then test to soil and keep working your way around the fence. Test first portion then half way. Make bigger steps until you find your break, then backtrack and see where you stand.

Is the fence up against a ground? Possibly another fence, or wet grass?

Gallagher tester will tell you direction of ground fault. Never used your particular style of tester. I start weed eating my fence lines when I see 10k volts. Takes it back up to 11,600 and I’m good for another 6 weeks.

Gallagher tester will tell you direction of ground fault. Never used your particular style of tester. I start weed eating my fence lines when I see 10k volts. Takes it back up to 11,600 and I’m good for another 6 weeks.

yeah that used to be the case, but then it basically seemed to stop working. It’s only 100 feet and moving it didn’t even give me any juice 🤔

Back
Top Bottom