Preparing for hatch. Last minute (panic) questions.

Quote:
Thank you! My first hatch (and only one) was not so successful, so any chick from this hatch will be a huge improvement.

My advice would be to use your own eggs and experiment with different vairables. I lost losts of eggs to figure out what works best in Middle TN. I ask alot of questions and eventually I was getting pretty good hatches. I must say that this winter has been rough on my hatch rates. Back up to 80 in the LG and in my opnion if you can hatch in an LG you can hatch in anything. If you plan to do lots of hatching I woulf invest in at least a Hova 1588. I love mine it is a plug and play. I add water every few days but I don't so much as look at the temp in there. I worry more about the egg turner than anything.
Please let me know how your hatch turns out. I hatch only silkies and showgirls but have heard other breeds are easier.
Tisha

I have TWO (out of 8) eggs ROCKING. No one believed me at first! There is a third one that I think is moving a little. Of course we're about to walk out the door for the evening !

Back
Top Bottom