Preparing for threats of an intervention

There were 6 chicks total who hatched out of 12. I had to cull 1 this morning because it was born with its intestines hanging out. 😔 Of the 5 remaining, I put two under a broody and kept 3 indoors to hand raise. Here are the 3 which are indoors -

Screenshot_20210723-112006_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-111949_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-111936_Gallery.jpg

I'm pouting. And I'm sure my DH (who was AGAINST me getting more hatching eggs) is going to say it's my just rewards.....:old

But of the FIVE viable chicks I hatched out of my Rainbow eggs (12 ordered), every single one of them is a rooster. Every. last. one. :hit

What are the odds?

I'm pouting. And I'm sure my DH (who was AGAINST me getting more hatching eggs) is going to say it's my just rewards.....:old

But of the FIVE viable chicks I hatched out of my Rainbow eggs (12 ordered), every single one of them is a rooster. Every. last. one. :hit

What are the odds?
It’s that obvious that you can tell all of them at 4 weeks? 😞 I’m sorry...

It’s that obvious that you can tell all of them at 4 weeks? 😞 I’m sorry...

I'm guessing based upon their combs... Even though I've got a couple different breeds among the 5 chicks (Marans, Silverudd, Ameraucanas), all of them seem to be developing red combs pretty early. I've always thought that males develop red combs early while females tend to stay pale pink.

I'm guessing based upon their combs... Even though I've got a couple different breeds among the 5 chicks (Marans, Silverudd, Ameraucanas), all of them seem to be developing red combs pretty early. I've always thought that males develop red combs early while females tend to stay pale pink.
I thought the same thing about red combs. Maybe we are wrong! Lol I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom