Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Do you think it'd be wise to move the 5 eggs into the NR360? My concern is stabilizing the humidity in the NR360 once I move them but I know it'll be more stable once that happens. It's normally much more humid where I live so I imagine that's a factor. Unfortunately, filling the outside port on the Brinsea isn't keeping the humidity at 60-70%. If I open it up to fill the internal port, I can get the humidity to 60%+ but I hate it fluctuating from opening and it fluctuating from normal operation.

Do you think it'd be wise to move the 5 eggs into the NR360? My concern is stabilizing the humidity in the NR360 once I move them but I know it'll be more stable once that happens. It's normal much more humid where I live so I imagine that's a factor. Unfortunately, filling the outside port on the Brinsea isn't keeping the humidity at 60-70%. If I open it up to fill the internal port, I can get the humidity to 60%+ but I hate it fluctuating from opening and it fluctuating from normal operation.
I would and just be quick. Humidity should shoot back up pretty quickly.

Taking her sweet time. I've got a little over a 3rd of the shell removed now and the membrane pulled back. Just waiting for her to help out a little and quit being a lazy bum.
For future reference, how long has it been? I know it's not going to be exact for each and every duckling, but I tend to worry A LOT, so just reading about the different experiences makes me feel a little better.

For future reference, how long has it been? I know it's not going to be exact for each and every duckling, but I tend to worry A LOT, so just reading about the different experiences makes me feel a little better.
She never did pip externally. I gave her 24 hours after internal pip and then put in a safety hole. Waited another 12ish and nothing. Then I peeled away she'll from the safety hole, making a hole about the size of the tip of my finger. Waited another 6 hours and nothing. Peeled a bit more away. Waited a couple hours. Now I'm at a little over a 3rd of the shell removed and thr membrane pulled back.

The first that hatched pipped twice and then started to zip and stopped. I did the same with her until she finally just pushed out for herself.

They were both due (day 26) yesterday. The one that hatched pipped the night of the 25th day.

I would and just be quick. Humidity should shoot back up pretty quickly.
I've got to get the humidity up in the NR360 but I'll add warm water to help it go faster. I've got to transfer them to another room so I'll just do it one by one in hopes that I don't cause them to become disoriented. I should be able to raise the humidity while I'm opening the safety hole a bit and applying coconut oil to the membrane. I'm only a mess when I'm actively dealing with a stressful situation. I'm more confident and retain information much better any other time 😳 Please overlook me being a mess

I've got to get the humidity up in the NR360 but I'll add warm water to help it go faster. I've got to transfer them to another room so I'll just do it one by one in hopes that I don't cause them to become disoriented. I should be able to raise the humidity while I'm opening the safety hole a bit and applying coconut oil to the membrane. I'm only a mess when I'm actively dealing with a stressful situation. I'm more confident and retain information much better any other time 😳 Please overlook me being a mess
Girl, you're fine. I was Captain Anxiety last night while making the first eggs hole bigger.

I got shelf liner laid down in the NR360 and humidity is climbing. I'll move #1 first, right after opening the safety hole a little bit. The others are going on 24 hours since internally pipping. I'll have to go back and check the time stamp on my comments about it (never realized how helpful commenting stuff like that would be. The time stamps are so helpful!) I made safety holes around 1am this morning, so that's been 18 hours ago. Times has seriously flown by!

Back
Top Bottom