Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

I can't figure out why it'd rush to hatch when it wasn't ready
After the hatch, dip their beaks into some water sugary water. It peps them up and gives them some energy, especially because of losing some blood.
Ducks dehydrate very quickly, I make sure they get a drink every hour or so before they are getting around on their own and getting drinks on their own.

Oh my goodness! The cuteness is just what I needed this morning so thank you for sharing a picture of your precious ducklings!
More call duck eggs? Woo-hoo! Any specific colors?

Did you get my post about new name suggestions for you? :lau
Mix of colors. It will be fun to see what comes out!

I did, haha.

After the hatch, dip their beaks into some water sugary water. It peps them up and gives them some energy, especially because of losing some blood.
Ducks dehydrate very quickly, I make sure they get a drink every hour or so before they are getting around on their own and getting drinks on their own.
Thank you for this! I had no idea about this. So helpful. Thanks again! Any idea on how much sugar to a Quart? White sugar?

Mix of colors. It will be fun to see what comes out!

I did, haha.
Yay! I'm so excited for you! Are you planning on keeping only call Ducks or are there others that you're planning on adding?

I'd love to have a yard full of call ducks. I LOVE their calls and could listen to it all day long everyday. I believe that is one of my favorite things about Call Ducks, but I've got MANY favorite things about them. What's not to love? (well except for the stress of incubation and hatching)

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Are you planning on keeping only call Ducks or are there others that you're planning on adding?

I'd love to have a yard full of call ducks. I LOVE their calls and could listen to it all day long everyday. I believe that is one of my favorite things about Call Ducks, but I've got MANY favorite things about them. What's not to love? (well except for the stress of incubation and hatching)
Yep, Calls only!

I've got two hatchers now. I'll share pictures soon. I am exhausted. I was up until 4am with the ducklings. I've got to come up with some names for them. Not sure if anyone watches Umbrella Academy but referring to them as numbers is making me think about UA constantly. Not too long after #1 hatched, #2 was getting frustrated and frustrated. It would fuss and cry at #1 wanting to play. I slowly opened the air cell and the next thing I knew, it was out. It wasn't ready and I wasn't expecting it to hatch until this morning or at the earliest, while I was sleeping. I tried to get the duckling back into it's shell without luck so I placed it in a cup. It stayed in the cup until recently when it escaped (that had to be a task because this was all inside the incubator). That was so stressful. The blood just broke my heart so much (blood doesn't bother me. I worked as an EMT/Firefighter for years and thrived in that line of work) and I was a mess. I was going to use styptic powder but then noticed that it has benzocain in it. It stopped bleeding on its own quickly with light pressure. What a night!
Wow, sounds like you had quite the eventful night. Hope the others hatches go well! :eek:

I love their calls too! Especially the girls! I have one with a really high pitched one and it’s really funny! Exactly, they are so unique and wonderful! I will have a yard full of 20 calls soon! They’re not all fully grown yet so we shall see how that goes... :oops:
Plus how many Squeegee hatches!

Yes that’s one of the risks of assisting. I’ve had it happen a couple times too, so don’t blame yourself. :hugs

I added 4 more eggs to my incubator last night, now I have 8, from abandoned nests. Of course they are all at different stages. But I have plenty of incubators if needed. I pitched a couple that were just barely growing, and a couple clears.
Thanks so much. I feel really bad but hopefully the others will do well. :(

Hope your eggs do well! :D

How’s little Phoenix doing?

Back
Top Bottom