Present problems.

chickenrun223

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 25, 2009
Selangor, Malaysia
Hey all. I know this topic has nothing to do with chickens, but i need to know whether anyone out there has a solution for me. Ok. Here goes. I've got this friend who's birthday is tomorrow, so i decided to get her a $80 book. When i got home, I took of the plastic wrapping to take of the pricetag, which was under the plastic wrapping. Anyway, I talked to my friend's sister after i bought the book and i found out that her friends got her the book already.

Now i've got a problem. I ws thinking of not saying anything and just giving her the book, pretending i know nothing about the fact that her friends got her the book already. However, she just texted me to tell me that her friends got her the book. I was thinking maybe I could return the book and get her a new one tonight, seeing as her birthday is tomorrow, but i realised that i took off my pricetag and wrapping already. Now I'm stuck with an $80 dollar book and left without a present for her. I really really need a solution. Anyone have any ideas, besides buying another book?

Why would she text you that friends had gotten her any particular book? Afraid she might get a duplicate gift??? Maybe she figured this out somehow???

I can't imagine texting/telling anyone what someone else had given me.... What is that about?

Gifts are about the thought. Period.

Stores understand about removing price tags for gifts, and they are usually very accommodating. In my experience, the worst a store has done when I mangled the wrapping only to find something that I had to return for whatever reason was insist that they give me a gift card to their store instead of a cash refund, to ensure I wouldn't spend the money somewhere else. That was a bit of a bummer because it was a high priced item and I was not interested in anything else they had, but if you were thinking about getting another book from the same store that wouldn't even be an issue. I'm sure the removal of wrapping won't be a big issue . . . and even if it turns out it is, you never know unless you try.

ddawn, I tell friends about gifts because I'm excited about the gift and want to share. It's fun to be able to call someone and say, "You won't believe what I got from so and so, it's wonderful!"

Last edited:
ok then. I'm gonna try to return the book tomorrow, before i go by her house. Thanks for the inspiration.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom