Presidential debate question on Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogun99

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Las Cruces, NM
So I was up tonight watching and listening to the Presidential Debates wondering if anything new and forthright was going to come out of either candidates mouths. Wasn't impressed. Anyone who has been following the politics of the last few months has heard exactly the same things that we've BEEN hearing and not much else new was said.

The only new revelations was that John McCain finally called B. Obama out on some of his past relationships while Sen. Obama did his best to marginalize them. Whatever...bottomline, if a Republican had the ties that Obama did, he wouldn't be in the running but that's beside the point and I'm getting off topic.

What I really wanted to ask both candidates as they talked about 'Joe the Plumber,' is what about Jane the Farmer? What will the candidates do to keep the Federal regulators out of the agriculture business, and micromanaging people who want to keep some livestock as pets if they have the land and resources to do so?

I figured that it would have been an interesting question, especially if it was tied into the economy and how one can go green with chickens.

oooh! yes, that would have been an eggscellent question...
wink.png

You know that Joe the Plumber was an actual person that met and addressed Senator Government, I mean O'Bama (wasn't that funny???) and asked him questions I am not sure of. Jane the Farmer had me giggling. How about Debi the broke a$$ full time worker? HAHAHA!

The National Animal Identification System (NAID) is the answer to your question. Although neither candidate nor the president will come right out and say it (unless the president has and I missed it) their main goal is to make us all more dependent on the government and less independent, and they're doing that by making it difficult to produce and maintain our own food sources. Another example of the government serving the rich agri-biz companies rather than the everyday people. It would be nice if they would make it easier for us, but the people making decisions are out to make money, and the companies that want to push NAIS are against small farmers and are all for the money they're giving to the government to make it difficult for us. Just my 2 cents worth, I'm a little upset with all of this. Thank God missouri voted to make NAIS voluntary!

If McCain is elected...no tax on your chickens! If Obama is elected...tax on your chickens...their eggs and their poop too. Oh, dont forget their feed and the sex tax on your roo!

While politically started, if this thread continues bashing one over the other, we will get shut down and I really kinda like the conversation so far..... And I too am very hot about the issues I believe in

And what happens if you purchase Sexed chickens vs. Straight Run? Is there a Tax on that? Lots of Conservatives on this site I see which is a welcome breath of fresh air even though I think the "Go Green with Chickens" would be a highly Left-Wing embraced topic don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom