Pressure points on a chicken?

daps2000

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Horse Shoe/Mills River, NC
So I was tested for NPIP today and I was surprised by the way this vet handled my hens. They seemed to be jello in his hands. I asked him with surprise ... why did they seem so clam ... he replied that its many years and a lot of birds ... experience.
hu.gif
Hummmm ... Not buying it ...
gig.gif

My theory is that he did some kind of voodoo on them?
lau.gif

Or, there are pressure points I just don't know, but I need to know!

Anyone have any ideas ... and would like to help me out here?
bow.gif

Nope ... it wasn't that ... I would and him the hen ... so he could do the blood test and put their bands on ... they didn't fight ... or say a single SKWAK! Jello I tell ya ... Jello in his hands!

It may just be experience - After years of putting up with different chickens and finally finding out how to handle them, I'm sure it is with all the experience. Plus, some people just seem to have a better "touch" with a certain animal. They just seem to get along and understand them better.
smile.png

My rooster is extremely aggressive towards men and strangers in general, and so when a farrier picked him up to clip his spurs, I was expecting a violent struggle. To my surprise, he was completely still and didn't try to bite at all. I asked the farrier how he had done this, and he showed me that he was stroking the rooster's ear while he held him. He said that a chicken's ear is extremely sensitive, and that it won't move if something is touching it for fear of it being damaged. Your vet might have done something like that, although this technique doesn't have a "jello-like" effect on the chicken.

Back
Top Bottom