Prettiest Silkie Contest!!!!!

Blackbeard
Silkie/Polish Cockerel
He likes to attack my boot laces if I pick up any of *his* hens 😆
IMG_2396.JPG

This picture doesn't show his full comb, its a walnut in the front but has some spikey parts in the back. His full sibling brother looks mostly like a polish. Genetics are cool!

View attachment 2570544
I have a silkie rooster, with horns on the back of his comb. Just considered a flaw if you're showing.

The original non modified walnut has horns, & ridges.

I have a silkie rooster, with horns on the back of his comb. Just considered a flaw if you're showing.

The original non modified walnut has horns, & ridges.

Oh wow! I had no idea! Very interesting. I'm not in contact with the person I got him from anymore, but I wonder if maybe he is pure? Any way to tell?

Oh wow! I had no idea! Very interesting. I'm not in contact with the person I got him from anymore, but I wonder if maybe he is pure? Any way to tell?
Well, pure silkies usually have all the features a silkie should have.

Like walnut comb, black skin, beard, or no beard, 5 toes, & silkied feathers. It is possible for pure silkies to have a few solid feathers, usually in the tail, & wings. But tail should be fully silkied. Wings are usually shredded. Eyes dark brown to black.

Polskies. Silkie/Polish crosses are usually solid feathered since silkie feathers are recessive.

Back
Top Bottom