Pretty hen, but what kind of hen??

SteveP

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 2, 2010
Saint Joseph MO
I have this one hen that came from the neighbors, we traded, he wanted some help I waned some more chickens!!! Anyway I love this hen she is so beautiful but I have no idea as to what she is other than pretty. She is also very timid and though she is not bullied she is the last to get to the treat bowl in the morning and it was very hard for me to get these pictures of her (she was actually hiding under the utility vehicle for a couple of them). I would like to havemore like her but need to know what to get.

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts and time.

Steve

Quote:
I cross my Heritage Orpington Roo over my EE hatchery girls. EE hens who have a very loose pea comb (tall, wide, floppy) vs. a nice tight pea comb can hatch EE chicks with dark legs, small to no beards and a straight comb. They can also hatch chicks with dark legs, huge floppy pea combs and no muff or beard. Most EEs with a straight comb will lay "brown" eggs not green or blue-ish.

OP - Does she have some very slight muffs? The first two pictures - it almost look like she does and a small beard also, if so I also vote EE.

Back
Top Bottom