Pretty sure I ended up with all roosters?!?!?!?

What rotten luck! This year, I got a few straight run chicks and hatched several more. 9/10 roos. So my luck is not much better.
roll.png
Here's hoping 2015 brings more pullets for us both!

What rotten luck! This year, I got a few straight run chicks and hatched several more. 9/10 roos. So my luck is not much better.
roll.png
Here's hoping 2015 brings more pullets for us both!

There must be something in the air. I had 3 hatches of chicks this spring. 8 cockerels, 2 pullets. Guess we're all going to have to dust off the crock-pots!

- Krista

I could have sworn that another more detailed sex link thread showed that a BRxRIR would make RSL's, and RIRxBR would make BSL's. Maybe I'm just getting senile.

This works but the gender of each breed needs to be specific. The Barred Rock needs to be the hen and the cock needs to be the RIR. It is the barred female that passes on her barring gene to her sons only making it a sexlink cross. Males can pass on their barring gene to both genders making a barred male not possible to use. This is for the Black Sexlink.

For Red Sexlinks the hen needs to be silver based(not barred like the barred rock) and the cock gold based.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom