Pretty sure I'm a rooster, but am I rooster too?

kerriliane

Songster
9 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Langley, BC, Canada
I hatched out three eggs out of at least a dozen that were under a broody who got eaten in the march massacre
sad.png

Out of the three, one is blind, I call him bert after his dad who he looks just like, and the other two dont have names.
They are sweethearts though, and talk to bert, and sleep at night with him in the middle.. So cute.
Pretty sure one is a rooster as he has two long curved tailed feathers, the other I swear had the same feathers, but they are now gone, and I can't tell what gender it is!

THe all white one is the one I'm pretty sure is the rooster. The one with the brown neck is the one I dont know about
The first photo with the two of them, the one higher up in the photo is the one I dont know on. The next two are rooster? and then again the higher up one is the one I dont know on, and then two closer up photos of him/her
DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

Realllly?
They chest butt sometimes though!
I guess this explains why they look nothing like their brother feather wise?

DSC_0199.jpg

Those curly feathers threw me right off!!

They are very pretty.

I would guess girls because it doesn't look like they have saddle feathers nor the pointy feathers on the neck? Is that right? (I am trying to learn how to tell also)

They are quite puffy. Not really any telltale sleek pointy feathers.. It was just those curly ones, then the other one lost the curly ones so I was confused! I was calling them berts sisters for the longest time, and I'm glad I can still call them that!!
End of march hatches would mean eggs any time now? they'd be 4-4.5 months old...

Back
Top Bottom