Price for A dozen of eggs...

I get $1.50 a dozen I have had people offer to give me two and then I have had other people complain that they can get eggs at the local discount place for .99 I politely tell them then you get them there from now on. The amish around here get $2-$3 a dozen but no one else seems to get that.

edited to add - and I request that they return the cartons

Last edited:
I get $3 a dozen. We have 6 girls laying now. Can't keep up with the demand. By spring, we should have more layers and more eggs. Maybe I should get more chickens
wink.png

I ask $3/dozen for mine. At the farmers market in Hillsborough (the "poor relation" town in this county) fresh free-range eggs go for $4/dozen, and I've been told that at the farmers market in the parking lot of the gourmet supermarket in Chapel Hill (where all the rich people are!) they've gone for up to $6/dozen. From the same farm. It all depends on what people will pay for them--but I can sell as many as my girls can lay for $3.

Erika

charge a ridiculous price. 5 dollar a dozen. if people wont buy them then someone else will. thats how it works here. I guess no one knows what a fresh egg really is in AZ.

was just reading today that in 1943 a dozen eggs were .31 a dozen

hmm... and here we only charge $1.50 a dozen if they bring the carton back - $2.00 if they dont.

So much for inflation in 66 years LOL thats pretty cheap when you think about it compared to other things and how much eggs DO!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom