price for goose eggs?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by farmgirlshelley, Mar 28, 2010.

1. farmgirlshelley

farmgirlshelley In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    Kentucky
    I am selling goose eggs by the half dozen. How much should I charge for them? prices vary wildly online and I just don't know what to do.
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. afeatherfan

afeatherfan Songster

May 6, 2007
    wv
    Well what kind of geese do you have laying the eggs your selling?

3. at my local vt farmers market, they go for $1 apiece. breed unspecified.

4. farmgirlshelley

Apr 25, 2008
    Kentucky
    white chinese geese, and they are selling on local harvest for way more than 1 dollar per egg. Some people charge 60 for 6 eggs. I was thinking 15. the eggs are HUGE.

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Are you selling them for hatching, eating or crafts? That would make a difference. If for hatching, then it would matter what your geese look like. Are they nice quality, etc. Alot also depends on the demand in your area.

6. farmgirlshelley

Apr 25, 2008
    Kentucky
    I sell them for eating and I ship them all over the US. They are all beautiful and clean and in great condition.

7. Chicks__R__Us

Chicks__R__Us Hatching

Mar 18, 2010
    I bought a couple Cotton Patch goose eggs for $20 EACH! Of course Cotton Patches are REALLY really rare so it really depends on what breed you're selling. I got mine from Flip Flop Ranch.
    http://www.flipflopranch.com/farm-products/

8. difox33

difox33 Hatching

Sep 2, 2013
    I have Danish geese - beautiful white and sweet. I am in love [​IMG]. They have started laying and having them only for 4 months now I really don't know what the price of their eggs should be. Only 2 of us to eat and I also have 10 chickens @ 1 egg each a day -- way too much for us. I am selling the chicken eggs at 2.50$ a dz. Oh and I live in Manitoba, Canada. I was told that they would not lay till the spring. Oh well, big surprise. I have 4 eggs in 3 days... We will eat 2 for supper tonight but would really like to have opinions on how much I should charge for them. They are white so can be used for food and art as well. Size wise they are about the equivalent of 3 or 4 large eggs.
    thank you for your help,
    Diane

Darchangel Farm likes this.
  9. farmgirlshelley

Apr 25, 2008
    Kentucky
    I sell them for 5 each. They are a rare and unusual item for most people and I have seen prices much higher than that.

10. Artemis farms

Artemis farms In the Brooder

Dec 15, 2017
    maine
    I have nine gesee. six are girls and I’m getting geese eggs now and I think I want to sell some when I get more and Google says $45 a egg! but I want to know what you guys think.
    what should I do?? Thx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: