price for goose eggs?

farmgirlshelley

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Kentucky
I am selling goose eggs by the half dozen. How much should I charge for them? prices vary wildly online and I just don't know what to do.
Thanks!
big_smile.png

white chinese geese, and they are selling on local harvest for way more than 1 dollar per egg. Some people charge 60 for 6 eggs. I was thinking 15. the eggs are HUGE.

Are you selling them for hatching, eating or crafts? That would make a difference. If for hatching, then it would matter what your geese look like. Are they nice quality, etc. Alot also depends on the demand in your area.

I have Danish geese - beautiful white and sweet. I am in love
big_smile.png
. They have started laying and having them only for 4 months now I really don't know what the price of their eggs should be. Only 2 of us to eat and I also have 10 chickens @ 1 egg each a day -- way too much for us. I am selling the chicken eggs at 2.50$ a dz. Oh and I live in Manitoba, Canada. I was told that they would not lay till the spring. Oh well, big surprise. I have 4 eggs in 3 days... We will eat 2 for supper tonight but would really like to have opinions on how much I should charge for them. They are white so can be used for food and art as well. Size wise they are about the equivalent of 3 or 4 large eggs.
thank you for your help,
Diane

I have nine gesee. six are girls and I’m getting geese eggs now and I think I want to sell some when I get more and Google says $45 a egg! but I want to know what you guys think.
what should I do?? Thx

Back
Top Bottom