Prices for Egyptian geese?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chickenzoo, Jun 21, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

What is the average?

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I dont know but I'd like to have a pair. Do you have them to sale or are you looking to buy some ?

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I just got a pair, traded some things with someone that owed me..... I was just wondering what they go for. He kept telling me how mean they can be and to pen them..... I went home and let them loose in my backyard (they are pinioned) LOL. One of me geese was checking them out through the fence and the male went and hissed at my goose.... well that goose tried to grab him through the fence and he and his girl went running....... LOL they are grazing nicely now and seem very happy to be out of a cage...... [​IMG]

4. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Songster

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Strombergs has pinioned pairs for sale for 180 a pair or something? They also sell 5 goslings for 145. They're so prettyyy. [​IMG] Congrats on your new pair!

5. sydney13

sydney13 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Quote:ive always been interested in those Egyptian geese [​IMG]
    so are they nice to people just not other geese? ive heard they dont swim is this true, and can they fly?

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:HAHA Well you do know that you have to post pics right ?

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

Not the best pic, but the only one I got before the torrential rain hit..... [​IMG]

They seem quite content and keep at a slight distance from me....... not seeing any un -goose like meanness...... I think they get more aggressive during breeding season when they have a nest etc... just like any other goose.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  8. bock

bock Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Wow, those are really cool looking! [​IMG] I want them! [​IMG]

9. Keep us updated on them, I have wanted them for years but haven't got any because of all the "horror" stories I heard.

Steve

10. Kim65

Kim65 Songster

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    Looks like they are molting like everyone else's geese. Please post some pics in a few weeks when all the feathers are in [​IMG] I am drooling over them!!

They seem to have a "duck like" bill, the nostrils are closer to their heads. I wonder what that means about their dietary habits? If they are slightly different than domestic geese, that is [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by