Pricing Chicks by breed

Areyoucluckingme

Chirping
Jun 14, 2022
Good afternoon -

My goal in 2024 is to get started on breeding and selling some chicks/hatching eggs. I understand that geographics play a part in pricing (I live in a very rural area and chicks sell out at the local feed store in a matter of hours) but I am hoping you all can give me some feed back on what you would charge for the specific breeds below. I've looked at some older posts and people gave feedback on price just for chicks in general, but not breed specific. Here is what I will have:

Pure bred Cream Legbar
Purebred Silver Laced Wyandotte
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Mix/mutts
And True Blue whiting/Cream leg bar cross (so definitely a blue egg laying bird).

Thoughts? thank you!

My price is based on rarity.

Common breeds I charge between
$1.00 - $5.00(Includes Mixes)

Rare - $10+

Extra Rare/Endangered - $45 - $12k+(Per pair, or adult)
(Chicks $30 - $35 per chick)

Last edited:
M
Good afternoon -

My goal in 2024 is to get started on breeding and selling some chicks/hatching eggs. I understand that geographics play a part in pricing (I live in a very rural area and chicks sell out at the local feed store in a matter of hours) but I am hoping you all can give me some feed back on what you would charge for the specific breeds below. I've looked at some older posts and people gave feedback on price just for chicks in general, but not breed specific. Here is what I will have:

Pure bred Cream Legbar
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Mix/mutts
And True Blue whiting/Cream leg bar cross (so definitely a blue egg laying bird).

Thoughts? thank you!
Maybe check with the feed store to see if they have any of the breeds you want to offer, and price yours accordingly (slightly higher for purebred and same or lower for BYM or Easter Eggers?

Good afternoon -

Pure bred Cream Legbar
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Mix/mutts

Thoughts? thank you!
Standard Mutts- $3-4 per chick, $5 per roo and $15 per hen, $25-30 per pair

Standard Easter eggers/Oliver Eggers- $4 per chick, about the same for the mutts

Back
Top Bottom