Pricing?? Mille Fleur d’Uccle bantam chicken 6 week

I breed Belgians. Both pet and show standards. Rooster - pet ones I give away free - $5 max. Show birds I can get around $20 each if I’m lucky. Hens pets go for $25 each, show birds $50. Typically I’ll sell in pairs or trios as roosters alone can still be hard to move. Depending on the season and the demand

I breed Belgians. Both pet and show standards. Rooster - pet ones I give away free - $5 max. Show birds I can get around $20 each if I’m lucky. Hens pets go for $25 each, show birds $50. Typically I’ll sell in pairs or trios as roosters alone can still be hard to move. Depending on the season and the demand
when you say pets for free, do you mean roosters, or hens and roosters? where are you, would love to have one.

When pricing, consider the following factors:
  1. Where are you located?
  2. Where did you get the chicks from and for how much? (If you hatched them from your own stock disregard this)
  3. How good is their quality? If they are hatchery they will price for significantly less than from proven show stock
  4. Is the buyer only going to be able to pick up the chicks or will you ship/deliver?
  5. What's your opportunity cost? I.E If you sell these chicks what will you be losing in terms of offspring, quality, shows, etc.
If they are hatchery and you are not delivering or shipping the chicks I would price them at $10/ea max. If you bought them or the eggs from somewhere add that price to it.
If they are show quality I would personally pay up to $20/ea depending on the quality of the parent stock.

Those prices are suggestions, but general baseline prices.
What is considered "show quality" when discussing Mille Fleur D'Uccle chicks/chickens?

Back
Top Bottom