Pricing

MotherHen458

Hatching
May 19, 2015
Wisconsin
smile.png
HI EVERYONE.
COULD USE SOME HELP FOR PRICING AS FAR AS BIRDS GO.
I HAVE 2 SALMON FAVORELLE CROSSBRED ROOSTERS
5 PUREBRED SALMON FAVORELLE PULLETS
AND 2 CROSSBRED SALMON FAVORELLE HENS.

They were kind of dumped into my lap and I'd like to rehome them in Spring. They were hatched on halloween. What would you charge for a pullet of that age of this breed? (purebred and crossbred)

TIA.
-New chicken owner.

Last edited:
It's really going to depend on your local market. I get $10-15 for my Faverolles pullets (non-hatchery). My extra cockerels go to the freezer as there is no market for them.

I usually re home my roos by sending them with the pullets. :) I'm not a big freezer person as I get too attatched. But yeah I had some people offer me 25 dollars for my salmon favorelles as hens because they're rare around here.

Dang - just my luck you are clear across the country from me. That is the breed I'm looking for. But you are too far away for that to be doable for me.

I just bought two pullets for $10.00 a piece, they were Welsummers though. However, the lady told me that she was giving me a bargain. Normally she charges $20.00 a pullet for them, but with these, they had lost their identifying bands and she was not real sure how old they were, so they may not be young birds. If you were my neighbor, I would have paid $20.00 each for your purebred pullets.

I usually re home my roos by sending them with the pullets. :) I'm not a big freezer person as I get too attatched. But yeah I had some people offer me 25 dollars for my salmon favorelles as hens because they're rare around here.

Many around here cannot have roosters, so I have no choice. Last year I even had to cull pullets because people didn't even want to spend $5, no matter how nice they were.

Good Faverolles are hard to come by.

900x900px-LL-ef2bc014_13729_102811_08.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom