1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Prince Brand Feed - Pros/Cons/First Hand Experience?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by aart, May 19, 2015.

1. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Title says it all.
    Specify type and results please.
    TIA.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    Good food pays off. Mary

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Wow surprised only one vague response...

.....do you use Prince brand Mary?

4. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    aart, so sorry I misread your post. [​IMG] I read it as 'price brand' instead! I've never seen Prince feed here, no opinion. Mary

5. Jen Powell

Jen Powell Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2015
    L'Anse, MI
    I am wondering the same thing. I usually have been getting Dumor from Tractor Supply, which is an hour drive away. We have a local auto parts store that is now adding a lot of animal feeds (which is such a wonderful thing) so I don't have to drive an hour if we run out of chicken or duck food - But they only carry Prince brand. I haven't been able to find many reviews. I did read one thread on this site where somebody said their chickens LOVE the Prince food. I think Prince is more of a regional company (out of Wisconsin) so that may be why there aren't many reviews. I even tried googling them but I mostly came up with the company website. I guess I'll have to see how my hens like it.

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I've used both the broiler finisher and the starter...results are seem good.
    Only thing I'm not so happy about is the freshness leaves something to be desired.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by