Priority Mail delivery confirmation question

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SundownWaterfowl, Jul 30, 2010.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Is it normal for them not to scan the package out for shipment. I have eggs comming from FL shipped Tuesday, and the package has not been scanned once. They should be here today, 3 days in transit.

2. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Tracking numbers are scanned. Delivery confirmation is where you sign for it.

3. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Unfortunately, no it's not that unusual for PO's not to scan the packages until it's reached its final destination or is in the truck to be delivered.

4. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    It is not normal for them not to scan when the package was shipped. I am assuming we are talking about priority shipping. I have had a lot of packages that have been scanned at drop off and then no updates until after the eggs are delivered.

Hope all is well.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've had them skip everything except the destination scan with eggs. They are getting more and more lax in their service, unfortunately, even though things still get where they're going most of the time (just maybe not ON time).

6. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Try using a SCAN form.... this fixes that problem.

Basically, it associates all the packages you are shipping that day with a number, then they scan the one code, then all the packages say 'Shipment accepted'.

You can do it using Endicia, Stamps.com, or USPS Click N Ship, but IDK about Paypal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by