Prissy

musikfan

Songster
Nov 23, 2021
Good afternoon Folks. This is my BR Prissy. She is close to 4 years old and really moving slow these days. She spends a lot of time squatting in the dirt, taking it easy in her old age. She sometimes has to flap her wings to get herself going when she gets up to walk. She also seems to be breathing heavier lately, even when she's sitting. You can see how her old legs have become bowed to some degree- feet close together. When I first got her, she was an old biddy, even then! But even though she's aging, she remains at the top of the pecking order. It is hilarious to watch her with food. She's slow in getting over to where it is, but she will still nail the other ones with a good peck if they attempt to take whatever she is eating. LOL :) She hasn't lost it!

She was my least favorite in those first days, but I think she's now become my favorite. She lets me pick her up to check her old feet to make sure they are healthy - doesn't peck me or do anything nasty. She comes to me to eat out of my hand and never gets overexcited if I get too close to her. Ironically, I've really grown to love her, even with her prissy personality (Thus the name.....).

I fear that this may be my last season with her as I'm not sure if she'll make it through the cold winter. I hope she holds out, but you just never can tell. At any rate, here's a picture of my girl. I am grateful to see her when I head out to the coop. I'll miss her dearly when the time comes.

Attachments

• Prissy.jpg
    Prissy.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom