Privett hatchery? Any good or bad reviews?

I was on the phone with a lady today at Privett and she was fiendly, courteous and satisfactorily answered all my questions about ordering mallards. I plan to call her back in the morning and order 25 sexed mallards. I hope they can tell a boy from a girl.
roll.png

sad.png
Privetth messed my order up and won't make good on their mistakes. I had ordered 25 standard pullets cochins and 2 Roos . Well I got 4 roos and 22 pullets . And one was a Langshan ! Also one of the roos I had ordered was small and rumpless! Not good quality. I will never order from them again. Good Luck.

Me and two other people ordered 100 Surprise Pullets from them. All chicks turned out to be Buff Orpingtons, and we got 10 males. Only one DOA. I lost around 1-2 when raising them. Healthy chicks, great hatchery.

However, recently rehome my Privett BO flock, due to their quaility. Replaced them with a small flock of Buff Orpingtons from Jody Hinkle lines.

~ Aspen

I placed an order by phone. The lady with the accent was friendly and helpful.

I ordered 25 chicks and received 26! They are all healthy and are thriving!

10 were ordered as pullets, and I will follow up when they mature enough to tell if the sex-er was accurate!

Privett is a winner in my book!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Follow-up...

26 chicks (10 White Crested Blue Polish, 5 bantam blue Rosecombs, 6 Cuckoo Maran pullets and 5 Welsummer pullets)

One of the Welsummer chicks was a roo, BUT 100% survived and I am glad to have a matching Welsummer Rooster!

I have ordered Polish from other hatcheries and they have not survived!

At a little over a month old, ALL of the birds are still thriving and healthy!

Privett's web-site stinks, but their birds are wonderful quality!
thumbsup.gif

PS, Privett had Cuckoo Marans AND Welsummer pullets for LESS than $3 each! Some of the other hatcheries are charging WAY more and have a wait list!

No hatchery will guarantee 100% on the sexing. If you get a couple of males in an order of pullets, and you don't get more than are covered by their guarantee, then you aren't owed an adjustment.

Some of the hatcheries allow themselves a 10% error on the sexing. So if you order 100 pullets and get 10 males, they don't owe you a refund. Check the guarantee on sexing before you order.

Also, if you receive any extra birds, packing peanuts are almost always males.

I got all but 3 of my chickens from Privett and they have been great EXCEPT for the BLRW chicks who are having failure to thrive problems. I have never dealt directly with them as all mine came from the Urban Farm Store. They are all beautiful birds with no problems so far (knock on wood). Also all seem to be female so far with my youngest being 6 weeks and oldest being about 12 weeks.

2 weeks ago I purchased 15 black and 10 blue wyandotte pullets. 26 arrived and are doing well. However.... the black chicks ALL have single combs. Definately not wyandottes. I contacted them by email and am talking with a lady named Dawn. She was very nice. I need to take photos of the single comb chicks and email them back. I suppose they accidentally sent me australorps instead. I feel confident that they will give me credit back. They've been courteous. I think somebody in their shipping department grabbed black pullets out of the wrong bin or maybe it was mislabeled. In the meantime, I do have to say the chicks are very vigorous. At least I'll be able to sell them at a swap in the spring time...

Colby in Kentucky

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, we ordered 5 Blue ROSECOMB bantams from Privett and 2 of them have STRAIGHT combs! Other than that, they are all the same!

This was my first order from Privett - 100% survival and 1 extra chick as well!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom