Problem w/Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door *Update* Problem no more!

Got my Silkie coop door put in today....Love it....I will post pics tomorrow.Have power at this coop so no solar panel but used an opto sensor again.

I love our door...it developed one small glitch....when it would close at night it would close then re open after a minute and then re open a third of the way and close.no big deal but I emailed them and the electrical engineer called me and sent me a new board and now it works perfectly again!
we have it on a timer set to open around 1030 AM so the girls have time to lay their eggs in the coop and then it closes at 830 at night just after they go in...we also use a Solar Charger no wires....highly recommended.

I just got my door. I hope I don't have any problems with it lol. Made my coop from pallets so the coop really hasn't costed me much money at all just some 2x4 but I love the peace of mind I don't have to get up and go out open the door then be home to close the door so far so good no problems with it I've had it for about 3 days now update later and let you know

Had an issue with my silkie coop Pullet-Shut door intermittently not closing or opening all the way. I contacted the guys at the company and they sent out a new control board right away after helping me troubleshoot it. The new board did not help and they sent me out a new motor which solved the issue. I have 2 of these units one of which is solar and this one which is ac powered I can honestly say that these doors are amazing in there quality of materials and design. I rinse them off with a hose occasionally and good to go. I have had no issues with the solar powered one in over 2 years and none at all with the ac powered since the new motor. I highly recommend the opto sensor as it is a real time and worry saver. I believe you get what you pay for and I feel like these doors are worth the money and more.

It has been three years since I started this thread, and lour door is still going great! We've endured fridgid winters and blistering summers, storms and power outages and the pullet shut door hasn't failed once.
thumbsup.gif

I've had my Pullet-Shut since November, 2013 and it has worked perfectly up until now. Over the last couple weeks I noticed that the door wasn't opening all the way, but it was opening enough to let the chickens out, so I didn't worry about it. It stayed closed the other day and now I can't get it to work at all. From all the positive experiences with their customer service on this forum, I'm sure I'll get taken care of. I suspect it's a control board or motor/gearbox issue. I love this door though. I hope I get it fixed soon.

Did you get it fixed? Has anyone had the Pullet door for 3 years and how is it working? For this price I want something that will last. Thanks

I just lost all my chickens but one. She is injured badly. I've had this door 3 yrs. it had to be replaced once because I mounted it initially with the black box on the outside. When I called, they sent a new one but suggested I put the box on the inside to keep water out of the black box. So, when it is mounted with the black box on the inside, the door opens in. Hasn't been a problem until recently when a family of raccoons succeeded in pushing the door in, breaking the gears inside the motor. My five chickens were shredded. I'm not sure what to do now. Don't want to buy the same product. Need a better plug in sturdier door.

Back
Top Bottom