problem with my hens eyes

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by shappers, Oct 13, 2008.

1. shappers

shappers Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2008
    hi all i am new to all this so hello to you all
    i have just bought 1 hen 1 cock and loving them only a few months old.I have noticed that the hen has what you can only call spit like substance around both eyes it is not there all the time.It does not seen to bother her and she is eating and full of life.Is it anything i should worry about many thanks for your help.
    Lots more questions to follow i am sure

2. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    could be a respiratory problem, but if you could post a pic someone could probably help.

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Hello...that could be several different types of upper respiratory sickness that sill most likely get worse if not treated. Bubbles in the eyes? Can you post a pic. Thanks!

4. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Welp Hatchery site has an interesting page describing poultry ailments. Check it out. It may help you to know what symptoms belong to which ailment.
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  5. shappers

shappers Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2008
    hi all again many thanks for all your help.I took her to the vet and they said she is fine may have something in her eye was told just to keep an eye on it to see how it goes once again many thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by