Problems with hen's feet

bumpercropperatx

Hatching
Jan 15, 2020
My hen has been limping and staying off her feet for some time. It does not appear to me that it's bumblefoot. what are some options and what kinds of treatments do you suggest?
IMG_2891[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2892[1].JPG
    IMG_2892[1].JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 1
I do know that sometimes hairs or some other type of string can get wrapped around their foot and cause this due to their circulation being cut off.

Have you thoroughly checked the foot to make sure that nothing would be cutting off circulation?

Have you tried an Epsom salt soak on her foot? This will help reduce inflammation and help with any type of infection if that's what it might be.

Is there a way that you could bring her inside and put her in a dog crate or kennel so that she can rest and heal without interruption from others?

I have a colloidal silver spray that works very well if there are infections, but it's not 100% foolproof.

Maybe someone could suggest some type of antibiotic that you could put on it or give her to see if that will help. I'm not very good in the antibiotics department because I am allergic to most of them so I rarely use them.

Can you get a picture of both feet standing? Is one foot pad more swollen than the other, and is there a similar red spot on the other foot pad? Is she limping?

Back
Top Bottom