Well, I processed my first roo yesterday and let's just say the learning curve on this one was high. He had become a problem with all the small pullets and yesterday he attacked one of the other roos and ripped up his comb and that was that. He bit my arm pretty good while I was carrying him to the cone. The cone I made was too small, so he flopped out of it, which was a little disconcerting. Then the knife I used was too long and really did not do the job. I would love recommendations on a really good knife to use. I would say start to finish it took me about an hour. I went really slow, I was so nervous about nicking the wrong thing. But, I learned a lot. It wasn't that bad. I had trouble skinning the wings and got frustrated and ended up just cutting them off. And I was surprised at how much fat was on him. Overall, next time I'm sure will be much easier and faster. But, he's sitting in the fridge now. I have a few more cockerels that are going to be coming of age in the next month or so. I'm going to let them get full size before I send them the way of the freezer.