Processing chickens PC's way- at the coop party today! PICS and VIDEO!

Quote:
If you can't eat this chicken how in the world are you going to be able to process all those birds and eat them
ep.gif

It'll get easier
hugs.gif

I know. I think i'm getting better. the chicken filled soup was good. i wanna work up to biting into a leg. mmm, doesn't a fried leg sound good?

Quote:
mmmm, I vote deep fried
tongue.png
My mom makes a great soup too
big_smile.png

We all need to chip in to get a smoker!

Last edited:
i like spicy food, so maybe I can make a buffalo fried leg. smoker...yeah...is that when the meat gets really tender and like falls off the bone?

Oh the spicier the better.

The smoked foods I've had were so good but still had texture and didn't just fall
off the bone. I think baked bbq would be more the "fall off the bone" type.

Smoked turkey legs at fairs anf festivals are SO GOOD!!! YUMMMMMMM.

We'll be getting our smoker soon.
smile.png

Thanks, y'all, for posting those pictures, and the video. I called my husband in last night to watch the video. And I pointed out the nails in the tree stump (photo). He hadn't really understood what I meant about that before. A picture is worth a thousand words!

We have some extra cockerels to process soon, and that was very helpful. I must say, the first rooster we culled, a few months ago, well, it didn't go that smoothly. Not that it went horribly awry or anything, but clearly we had a bit to learn.

So, again, thanks! We'll be looking this thread over again, before we do the deed.

Quote:
We are all new at this too and learn something new every time we do it. It's nice
that we have this little group of friends to share the work and experience with.

update:
I have now made chicken chili (haven't tried it yet)
AND i brought chicken to a family gathering. we grilled with homemade sauce. they really liked it!! and I ate chicken off the bone too!! I had that small drum part of the wing!

maybe i really can do this!

Back
Top Bottom