These were sexed at Cackle hatchery? Hatcheries can make mistakes but they try not to. You may get lucky with this group!
The ones we have now were sexed at Cackle. The ones that had 8 roos were sold by a local seller claiming they were Ideal. Then, I found out they weren't from Ideal when I called him about the ratio. So, he lied at sale. Cackle says there is a 10 percent error. Ordered directly through them this time to cut out the middle

The ones we have now were sexed at Cackle. The ones that had 8 roos were sold by a local seller claiming they were Ideal. Then, I found out they weren't from Ideal when I called him about the ratio. So, he lied at sale. Cackle says there is a 10 percent error. Ordered directly through them this time to cut out the middle
Well, time will tell. I've had pretty good luck ordering from Privett here in New Mexico, they have been spot on every time. Hopefully Cackle has a good chick sexer there too!

Down here in the Florida panhandle, we've been sizzling in temperatures soaring past the 100-degree mark, and don't even get me started on those heat indexes that feel like a sauna on overdrive. As if that's not enough, our trusty air conditioning decided to go on vacation this week and only clocked back in yesterday. Our feathery friends aren't exactly doing the happy dance in this weather. Even the tiny fluffballs brooding in our spare bedroom were feeling the heat just like the outdoor gang. But hey, I figured, why not let them do the talking? It's their tale to tell, after all. 🌞🌡️🐔
1692896483876.png
Phew, talk about hot stuff! So, me and my fluffy crew had to get crafty thanks to this sauna situation at home. David and Alicia, our human pals, dialed down the heat inside our cozy crib, and oh boy, they brought in a mini wind machine to keep things breezy. But you know what's the real adventure? When they popped the lid, I saw my chance and made a bold leap to the top of the brooder. Standing tall, wings flexed, I stretched my little body like I was practicing for the Chicken Olympics. Look at me, world, defying the heat and striking a pose like a feathered superstar!

1692895155199.png
Hey there, I'm Sweetie, your feathered heat warrior and the grand pullet in charge of this lively flock. As a regal lavender Amerecauna, I'm not one to back down from a challenge, even if the sun's been cranking the temperature dial up to "blazing hot." Now, don't get me wrong, those brooder rookies might be squawking about their heat woes, but let me tell you, they've got it breezy compared to us outdoorsy champs. I've got a steely gaze that says, "Heatwave? Bring it on." So, let me take you through a day in the life of a pullet who's got the sun beat, feather by feather. ☀️🐓👑
1692896449830.png

Well, well, look at me, caught in the act of monitoring the great temperature showdown! You see, that digital wizard next to me is doing its best to keep up with the heat wave drama. It's currently stuck at 84, but I've got insider info that things are about to get hotter than a chili pepper eating contest. Yup, this reading's just a warm-up for what's to come – they say we're headed for a blazing 100 degrees. So here I am, Sweetie the savvy, giving that thermometer the ol' chicken stink-eye, like, "You think you can predict my reaction to this sizzle fest?" Stay tuned, folks, as I take on this rising mercury like the cool-headed clucker I am. 🌡️🐔🔥 And in the middle of all this heat, they want me to babysit these 13 cream legbar chicks they've let into the run, and let me tell you, my feathers are ruffled about it. I've got the snapshots to prove the chaos they've stirred up.

1692894071928.png
Now they've got one named Robin – a real daredevil, I tell ya – standing tall on top of MY, Bonsai's, and Munchkin's feeder. Can you believe the audacity? It's like a poultry party crasher extravaganza out here. I've seen some things in my days as flock leader, but this takes the biscuit. These youngsters have the gall to perch where we seasoned pullets usually dine? I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, but mark my words, Robin, you've piqued my interest. Let's see if you've got more than just feathers to back up that bravado.

1692894794683.png

1692894848561.png
So, they thought bringing out that frozen yellow watermelon from our garden was a genius idea. Sweetie, Bonsai, and Munchkin, we three musketeers of the coop, took one look and decided, "Nah, not our thing." But guess what? Those cream leg bars – the new kids on the block – well, they went bananas for it. I guess they've got a taste for adventure, even if it's in the form of frozen fruit. As for us, we'll stick to our tried-and-true favorites, thank you very much.

1692894043688.png

Take this for instance: we've got a real hankering for those tender sweet potato leaves that sneak through our mesh. They're like little veggie treasures we can't resist pecking at. Who can blame us, right?

1692894987512.png

Get this, David and Alicia went and did a little shuffle with the ladder, moving it from one end of the run to the other. And what do you know, out of the blue, those cream leg bar chicks decided it was the bee's knees – their top-notch perch! It's like they had an "aha" moment and suddenly they're all about it. It's got me and the gals scratching our heads, 'cause, you see, that ladder used to be as ignored as a lone corn kernel in the dirt. Go figure! 🐔🪜🤷‍♀️

1692895675152.png
You won't believe what's been going on: those cream leg bar chicks have formed a spider-hunting squad right by the coop's mesh. They're like tiny arachnid experts, gobbling up all the creepy crawlies they can snatch. Me, Bonsai, and Munchkin? Well, let's just say we've got zero curiosity about these eight-legged snacks. Those leg bars might be turning into spider aficionados, but we seasoned gals have our own tastes, thank you very much. 🕷️🐓

1692895980440.png
You won't believe the sight: those cream leg bars are on a foraging frenzy! They're out there, giving the alfalfa a good ol' kick to uncover any stray nibbles, bugs, or tasty tidbits they can find. And let me tell you, they're kicking it like they're at a feathered fiesta – so much so that they end up sporting alfalfa like it's the latest fashion trend. Talk about rockin' that greenery chic!

1692896153574.png
Can you believe what those cream leg bars pulled off? They strutted right into the big coop, the one that belongs to Sweetie, Munchkin, and Bonsai. You see, they've been in the Peep Show Palace all this time. Now, don't you think that's a bit presumptuous of them? I've got my feathers ruffled for sure.

Hey, my bad for letting Sweetie go on a bit of a rant – you know how it is, sometimes a chicken's gotta cluck. Figured giving her a chance to vent might help her feathers cool down. And guess what? Despite all her fuss about the new chicks, turns out Sweetie's actually getting the hang of things. Now, let's dive into the coop drama: Bonsai and Munchkin, the black Australorps, had a little feather ruffle with Bubo (8-week-old cream leg bar cockerel). Feathers were flying, but then guess who swoops in? Yep, Sweetie, our surprise peacekeeper. We're still scratching our heads about the details, but Sweetie's got a knack for sorting things out. Fast forward to today, and Bubo's suddenly not up for the usual chicken chase game with Bonsai and Munchkin. Sweetie and Bubo? Well, looks like they've found a way to share the roost, mostly. And soon enough, those leg bars and older pullets will be cozying up in the same coop – like one big, happy chicken squad.

Down here in the Florida panhandle, we've been sizzling in temperatures soaring past the 100-degree mark, and don't even get me started on those heat indexes that feel like a sauna on overdrive. As if that's not enough, our trusty air conditioning decided to go on vacation this week and only clocked back in yesterday. Our feathery friends aren't exactly doing the happy dance in this weather. Even the tiny fluffballs brooding in our spare bedroom were feeling the heat just like the outdoor gang. But hey, I figured, why not let them do the talking? It's their tale to tell, after all. 🌞🌡️🐔
View attachment 3618318
Phew, talk about hot stuff! So, me and my fluffy crew had to get crafty thanks to this sauna situation at home. David and Alicia, our human pals, dialed down the heat inside our cozy crib, and oh boy, they brought in a mini wind machine to keep things breezy. But you know what's the real adventure? When they popped the lid, I saw my chance and made a bold leap to the top of the brooder. Standing tall, wings flexed, I stretched my little body like I was practicing for the Chicken Olympics. Look at me, world, defying the heat and striking a pose like a feathered superstar!

View attachment 3618302
Hey there, I'm Sweetie, your feathered heat warrior and the grand pullet in charge of this lively flock. As a regal lavender Amerecauna, I'm not one to back down from a challenge, even if the sun's been cranking the temperature dial up to "blazing hot." Now, don't get me wrong, those brooder rookies might be squawking about their heat woes, but let me tell you, they've got it breezy compared to us outdoorsy champs. I've got a steely gaze that says, "Heatwave? Bring it on." So, let me take you through a day in the life of a pullet who's got the sun beat, feather by feather. ☀️🐓👑
View attachment 3618316

Well, well, look at me, caught in the act of monitoring the great temperature showdown! You see, that digital wizard next to me is doing its best to keep up with the heat wave drama. It's currently stuck at 84, but I've got insider info that things are about to get hotter than a chili pepper eating contest. Yup, this reading's just a warm-up for what's to come – they say we're headed for a blazing 100 degrees. So here I am, Sweetie the savvy, giving that thermometer the ol' chicken stink-eye, like, "You think you can predict my reaction to this sizzle fest?" Stay tuned, folks, as I take on this rising mercury like the cool-headed clucker I am. 🌡️🐔🔥 And in the middle of all this heat, they want me to babysit these 13 cream legbar chicks they've let into the run, and let me tell you, my feathers are ruffled about it. I've got the snapshots to prove the chaos they've stirred up.

View attachment 3618284
Now they've got one named Robin – a real daredevil, I tell ya – standing tall on top of MY, Bonsai's, and Munchkin's feeder. Can you believe the audacity? It's like a poultry party crasher extravaganza out here. I've seen some things in my days as flock leader, but this takes the biscuit. These youngsters have the gall to perch where we seasoned pullets usually dine? I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, but mark my words, Robin, you've piqued my interest. Let's see if you've got more than just feathers to back up that bravado.

View attachment 3618299

View attachment 3618300
So, they thought bringing out that frozen yellow watermelon from our garden was a genius idea. Sweetie, Bonsai, and Munchkin, we three musketeers of the coop, took one look and decided, "Nah, not our thing." But guess what? Those cream leg bars – the new kids on the block – well, they went bananas for it. I guess they've got a taste for adventure, even if it's in the form of frozen fruit. As for us, we'll stick to our tried-and-true favorites, thank you very much.

View attachment 3618283
Take this for instance: we've got a real hankering for those tender sweet potato leaves that sneak through our mesh. They're like little veggie treasures we can't resist pecking at. Who can blame us, right?

View attachment 3618301
Get this, David and Alicia went and did a little shuffle with the ladder, moving it from one end of the run to the other. And what do you know, out of the blue, those cream leg bar chicks decided it was the bee's knees – their top-notch perch! It's like they had an "aha" moment and suddenly they're all about it. It's got me and the gals scratching our heads, 'cause, you see, that ladder used to be as ignored as a lone corn kernel in the dirt. Go figure! 🐔🪜🤷‍♀️

View attachment 3618305
You won't believe what's been going on: those cream leg bar chicks have formed a spider-hunting squad right by the coop's mesh. They're like tiny arachnid experts, gobbling up all the creepy crawlies they can snatch. Me, Bonsai, and Munchkin? Well, let's just say we've got zero curiosity about these eight-legged snacks. Those leg bars might be turning into spider aficionados, but we seasoned gals have our own tastes, thank you very much. 🕷️🐓

View attachment 3618307
You won't believe the sight: those cream leg bars are on a foraging frenzy! They're out there, giving the alfalfa a good ol' kick to uncover any stray nibbles, bugs, or tasty tidbits they can find. And let me tell you, they're kicking it like they're at a feathered fiesta – so much so that they end up sporting alfalfa like it's the latest fashion trend. Talk about rockin' that greenery chic!

View attachment 3618310
Can you believe what those cream leg bars pulled off? They strutted right into the big coop, the one that belongs to Sweetie, Munchkin, and Bonsai. You see, they've been in the Peep Show Palace all this time. Now, don't you think that's a bit presumptuous of them? I've got my feathers ruffled for sure.

Hey, my bad for letting Sweetie go on a bit of a rant – you know how it is, sometimes a chicken's gotta cluck. Figured giving her a chance to vent might help her feathers cool down. And guess what? Despite all her fuss about the new chicks, turns out Sweetie's actually getting the hang of things. Now, let's dive into the coop drama: Bonsai and Munchkin, the black Australorps, had a little feather ruffle with Bubo (8-week-old cream leg bar cockerel). Feathers were flying, but then guess who swoops in? Yep, Sweetie, our surprise peacekeeper. We're still scratching our heads about the details, but Sweetie's got a knack for sorting things out. Fast forward to today, and Bubo's suddenly not up for the usual chicken chase game with Bonsai and Munchkin. Sweetie and Bubo? Well, looks like they've found a way to share the roost, mostly. And soon enough, those leg bars and older pullets will be cozying up in the same coop – like one big, happy chicken squad.
Well done! Love all the photos and commentary! :love

Back
Top Bottom