Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

The trick to an accurate hard blow with a machete is a fast wrist snap at the end of the swing. It is more like throwing a punch with your machete in your hand but you are going to snap the wrist at the end of the punch and the blade not you fist is going to make contact with the chickens neck. It is speed that is going to generate most of the force

The trick to an accurate hard blow with a machete is a fast wrist snap at the end of the swing. It is more like throwing a punch with your machete in your hand but you are going to snap the wrist at the end of the punch and the blade not you fist is going to make contact with the chickens neck. It is speed that is going to generate most of the force

i have never tryed a machete but i'll take your word for it
cool.png

Didn't know where else to share this, but I'm sure you've all been through something similar. (And I was Vegan for nearly a decade by the way...)

I just had a vegetarian lecture me on how inhumane and disgusting it was I raise my own meat and let me kids eat our animals. BUT she eats "vegetarian" eggs from the grocery store...
th.gif
Talk about inhumane!

he.gif
Some people there's no getting through to I guess...

Last edited:
Didn't know where else to share this, but I'm sure you've all been through something similar. (And I was Vegan for nearly a decade by the way...)

I just had a vegetarian lecture me on how inhumane and disgusting it was I raise my own meat and let me kids eat our animals. BUT she eats "vegetarian" eggs from the grocery store...
th.gif
Talk about inhumane!

he.gif

You came to the right place!!! Unfortunately I have heard the same thing, and I recall conversations on here about it.... some folks just don't get it. It is amazing how much 'tunnel vision' people can have. They just don't think of all of the conditions which can go into raising those 'vegetarian' eggs before they get to the store.
Some companies are making headway into keeping birds more humanely than they used to... but I just can not see any comparison, at any level, between even good 'factory' conditions and the conditions I know are kept in my backyard. Some folks you can educate by providing a few simple examples and other folks just don't want to hear it...

For folks who are open minded and willing to listen you can help them understand your point of view, we don't need to convert vegetarians into meat eaters, but having a more accurate understanding of other views is never a bad thing. I've even had folks who were vegetarians actually say they would be willing to consider eating meat or eggs from backyard chickens the way I describe them... many folks have given up on meat as much because of the hormone and antibiotic additions as they have for any other reasons, so if you remove those factors they are more willing to consider it.

For folks who are blatantly unwilling to listen to other points of view all you can do is shake your head and tell yourself... 'wait till the folks on the Processing thread hear about this one!'

This is awesome - all these people have the same "tunnel vision": check out their response at the end! This is exactly why I got my own chickens
smile.png

http://www.thebuddhistvision.com/no...ves-to-put-their-hands-together/#.U6HUS32VnMI

man it still hurts my feelings to this day when my family turns up their noses to home eggs and meat because they think stuff at the store is healthier and taken better care of. I know my coop doesn't look like a walk in doll house but i try so hard to make sure they get to eat from healthy animals that get to live a full as close to stress free life like an animal should. I am not and will never be ashamed that my animals actually look like chickens and can walk when they get culled no matter how closely they believe the lies of the grocery stores.

th.gif
Talk about inhumane!

he.gif

man some people really need to do their research before shooting off their mouths
smack.gif

This is awesome - all these people have the same "tunnel vision": check out their response at the end! This is exactly why I got my own chickens :)

http://www.thebuddhistvision.com/no...ves-to-put-their-hands-together/#.U6HUS32VnMI

Don't think that that is a marketing expert in front of a group of college students. Seems more like an animal rights activist preaching to a group of paid actors.

Not that I disagree with the message, but I'll not be snowed by someone talking about willful ignorance while she's counting on the viewer to engage in exactly that to believe what she is saying.

Back
Top Bottom