Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

That is good to know, if she can manage to keep up it will buy her time to get a little bigger, but either way I do not want her genetics in the offspring. I suspect I know where this genetics came from but the roo that carries this possibility has an important gene to me that I cannot just get anywhere so I can't (really won't b/c I want a specific gene he carries) cull him the best I can do is cull any that show the deformity.

Well, maybe if you just check her at intervals to make sure she is gaining until she is the size you want to butcher at.......unless she stops gaining of course. I understand about the genetics thing. At least the culls won't go to waste.

.. This was not from dripping into the eyes, it legit came FROM the eyes. The corner of the eyes anyway.. It was seriously scary and we talked about calling it a day, but tried again.. this time we didn't cut deep enough, but it didn't seem to bother the bird who was in a daze...

The eyes have tear ducts and are connected to the sinuses. African Grey Parrots can have bloody tears. It is usually (but not always) related to being stressed (handled). The article I read (written by a vet) suggested that it was caused by the increase in blood pressure from the stress of a veterinary examination.

The eyes have tear ducts and are connected to the sinuses. African Grey Parrots can have bloody tears. It is usually (but not always) related to being stressed (handled). The article I read (written by a vet) suggested that it was caused by the increase in blood pressure from the stress of a veterinary examination.
I should proof read more often.

"It is usually (but not always) related to being stressed (handled)" should read "It is usually (but not always) related to a sinus infection or problem."

I agree...not even vaguely connected to cutting the trachea. Have cut the trachea on a great number of birds without any different symptoms than any other kind of dissection of the throat. And never...ever...in hundreds of birds processed..have I ever had a chicken bleed from the eyes.

Didn't say it couldn't happen...saying that it's not related to trachea incision or any normal process of chickens dying or I would have seen such a phenomenon by now~statistically speaking. It, therefore, must be something that happens quite rarely and is not really related to the practice of cutting the trachea.

I processed two White Bresse this morning. Dressed, one weighed 3 pounds 14 ounces and the other one weight 3 pounds 9 ounces.

I will check to see how old they were and post pictures soon.

I have the pictures ready of the Processed Bresse.

I used a rope with a noose for the feet. I then connected a Bungie cord to the end of the rope and looped the rope over the hook to hold the chicken in the garbage pail lined with a plastic bag. The Garbage pail had two bricks in it so that the chicken would not knock it over.

They are 19 weeks old. Blue Feet too.

Nice looking Liver!

It was not a bad time processing today and took a bit more than an hour for the two of them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom