Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

My husband just holds our birds while processing. Taping them seems like it would add stress?

Any one have experience with the waxing I posted the other day???
Can't get a response here or on the duck thread
hmm.png

My husband just holds our birds while processing. Taping them seems like it would add stress?

Any one have experience with the waxing I posted the other day???
Can't get a response here or on the duck thread
hmm.png

I've heard that using vet tape would hold them down. Just hold a minute until calmed down. I'll be doing this on my own so it seems reasonable. The only thing I've heard about the wax is it's good but be sure to plunge in ice water to harden.. One lady didn't and it was a mess.
lau.gif

I've heard that using vet tape would hold them down. Just hold a minute until calmed down. I'll be doing this on my own so it seems reasonable. The only thing I've heard about the wax is it's good but be sure to plunge in ice water to harden.. One lady didn't and it was a mess.
lau.gif

Okay, thanks for the tip!!!

DH always gets stuck processing on his own. I had to cull a bird while he was deployed once awhile ago & never got over it, only animal I've ever killed.
I've gotten to the point where I can be there & I can pluck. I always break down all the meat & vacuum seal. But my husband's stuck with the dirty work, I just can't do it.

His new endeavor is meat rabbits. I thought I would be okay with it if he got "ugly" rabbits (I know that sounds awful, but I never liked NZW's with their red eyes!), but now that we have them I'm attached to them. We're going to end up with like 20 huge pet rabbits now I know it haha!

Okay, thanks for the tip!!!

DH always gets stuck processing on his own. I had to cull a bird while he was deployed once awhile ago & never got over it, only animal I've ever killed.
I've gotten to the point where I can be there & I can pluck. I always break down all the meat & vacuum seal. But my husband's stuck with the dirty work, I just can't do it.

His new endeavor is meat rabbits. I thought I would be okay with it if he got "ugly" rabbits (I know that sounds awful, but I never liked NZW's with their red eyes!), but now that we have them I'm attached to them. We're going to end up with like 20 huge pet rabbits now I know it haha!

I've been wanting some meat rabbits... but I am not sure if I could kill them. I would have to buy a live one and try, before I invest time/money into it.

I absolutely HATE cutting grass, so the idea of a pretty tractor with some rabbits in it sounds great to me... just scootch 'em over one tractor lenght at a time. Never have to cut the grass weeds again.. and get some meat to boot.

The link shows a rabbit being dressed without being gutted.

So I was searching processing rabbits to get a better view of a piece of equipment used and got lost on YouTube :th but...I came across this video. "For Wussies" he said. Made me laugh :( doh, and is quick and I can see clearly how he did it.
*WARNING* He's butchering a rabbit. Don't watch if your squeamish, although if you are squeamish, and your still curious THIS might be the video for you!

I've been wanting some meat rabbits... but I am not sure if I could kill them. I would have to buy a live one and try, before I invest time/money into it.

I absolutely HATE cutting grass, so the idea of a pretty tractor with some rabbits in it sounds great to me... just scootch 'em over one tractor lenght at a time. Never have to cut the grass weeds again.. and get some meat to boot.

Back
Top Bottom