Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

We're having one of our Cornish X for dinner tonight. Can't wait!
clap.gif
And we are having two old roosters!! suggestions on how to prepare? I was thinking pot pie since they are old and already dismembered
duc.gif

clap.gif
And we are having two old roosters!! suggestions on how to prepare? I was thinking pot pie since they are old and already dismembered
duc.gif

Pot pie is excellent for old rooster as is chicken stew or chicken and dumplings. Anything you can cook low and slow in the crock pot. They will have tons of flavor because they are older.

Has anyone successfully roasted an older chicken, say.. a 1 1/2 year old hen? My partridge rocks are just MASSIVE and I don't like their attitudes
lol.png
They would make gorgeous 'mini-turkeys'.

Has anyone successfully roasted an older chicken, say.. a 1 1/2 year old hen? My partridge rocks are just MASSIVE and I don't like their attitudes
lol.png
They would make gorgeous 'mini-turkeys'.

Covered pot with 1/2 c water. 250 degrees for 2 1/2 hrs. I have done it before for 350 but not tender enough. Low and slow Lots of garlic for me.
droolin.gif

Low and slow are the magic words! I put a year old roo in the crockpot, no water, no seasonings, on low for 6hours. Falling off the bone tender! I think next time I'll put some seasonings in there with it though. It was good, and since I was making chicken and rice, lack of seasoning didn't matter as much.

I am so curious how one of these girls would look roasted. Am I awful? They're good layers... an egg a day.. but they're just not very nice and they walk funny... and one always has a dirty behind (she's really, REALLY flooffy). Maybe I will hang in there until Thanksgiving. Hubby says 'no' because they lay daily. But
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom