Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

Oh my, that chicken was so dang tasty!
droolin.gif
Lot's of leftovers to go on my salad for lunches too.

I am so curious how one of these girls would look roasted. Am I awful? They're good layers... an egg a day.. but they're just not very nice and they walk funny... and one always has a dirty behind (she's really, REALLY flooffy). Maybe I will hang in there until Thanksgiving. Hubby says 'no' because they lay daily. But
tongue.png

By Thanksgiving, you tell him "Just think of the money we'll save not having to buy a turkey"
tongue2.gif

I finally process the other 2 meaties yesterday. These 2 were hens and were smaller than the two I processed a couple of weeks ago. Those 2 had a finished weight of about 3.5 lbs each. These 2 finished at 4.9 and 5.9 lbs each! Wow! That's a lot of chicken!
clap.gif

I finally process the other 2 meaties yesterday. These 2 were hens and were smaller than the two I processed a couple of weeks ago. Those 2 had a finished weight of about 3.5 lbs each. These 2 finished at 4.9 and 5.9 lbs each! Wow! That's a lot of chicken!
clap.gif

Congrats!

It is an awesome feeling to know you were able to provide that meat in the freezer!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I am so curious how one of these girls would look roasted. Am I awful? They're good layers... an egg a day.. but they're just not very nice and they walk funny... and one always has a dirty behind (she's really, REALLY flooffy). Maybe I will hang in there until Thanksgiving. Hubby says 'no' because they lay daily. But
tongue.png
IMO-- if you are stil getting 1 day that is good enough to keep them. As long as the children are safe. THey will make a nice meal when they are roasted. WHere did you get such nice birds???

Back
Top Bottom