Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

We just processed our first bird. I hope it gets easier. I have to figure out a way to stop putting my human emotions into the chicken. I love being a part of BYC. As soon as it was over all i could think to do was come and reach out here for support. i'm sure this seems silly to some but this was pretty tough for me.

We just processed our first bird. I hope it gets easier. I have to figure out a way to stop putting my human emotions into the chicken. I love being a part of BYC. As soon as it was over all i could think to do was come and reach out here for support. i'm sure this seems silly to some but this was pretty tough for me.
Good job!

It is never easy but it does get easier. Let us know how the bird tastes when you cook it.

so I guess there's a learning curve here. Resting period? I think I cooked him just within or only minutes over the 45 min. He's VERY tough but i chalked that up to being mostly muscle since he was only about 4mon old. Is this a possibility or is it because I didn't rest him?

so I guess there's a learning curve here. Resting period? I think I cooked him just within or only minutes over the 45 min. He's VERY tough but i chalked that up to being mostly muscle since he was only about 4mon old. Is this a possibility or is it because I didn't rest him?

Likely both.

Rest for two days in the fridge and brine the day before cooking.

Alton brown has a god brine recipe.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm definitely more prepared for next time. We had an unexpected roo turn up in our last group and figured we might as well give this a try.

Back
Top Bottom