Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

Good job Julie!! GOod reminder to keep on your toes the entire time and not get sloppy with the knife. It will get you. BEen there, done that.

DId in a scovy and 3 roosters. Two EE roosters looked like pullets all winter and avoided the knife. THe Third, an EE, was a 3 yr old EE that I rather enjoyed but he had goten injured and after a few weeks rehap in th house with no improvement the knie was in order. Made me sad. HE was a beauty and stayed because he was gorgeous and a gentleman. Ya, a fav. Still have his father. My boys are cleaning the birds now . . .

So 4 more for the freezer, and the hens are going broody sitting on hidden nests already!!!!!
th.gif

Your welcome, no not when the FIRST come over, only when they have stayed a bit to long! lol lol lol
You all make me laugh!! I've been researching on line and out looking for pellet guns. Any recommendations. Am not looking to spend too much. I have narrowed down to Crossman pump master classic air pistol. No c02. Not really interested in that type. The other is umarex and also brwning buck mark. They are all within the $65 and lower range. Is there anything I need to know about how much velocity is needed to use on domestic rabbits humanely and successfully with one shot. The broomstick method did not go as smoothly as I had hoped and prayed it would. I'm hesitant now
hide.gif
until I find a more effective method for me to use confidently.

You all make me laugh!! I've been researching on line and out looking for pellet guns. Any recommendations. Am not looking to spend too much. I have narrowed down to Crossman pump master classic air pistol. No c02. Not really interested in that type. The other is umarex and also brwning buck mark. They are all within the $65 and lower range. Is there anything I need to know about how much velocity is needed to use on domestic rabbits humanely and successfully with one shot. The broomstick method did not go as smoothly as I had hoped and prayed it would. I'm hesitant now
hide.gif
until I find a more effective method for me to use confidently.

I got a rifle type since it had better velocity, over 1000 fps. I got one Crossman break barrel type for around $100. I don't think it needs to be as powerful for buns, but I use mine on chickens too.

It was great to have a weekend off after last week...we butchered 50 meaties and finished and bagged it was 292 lbs of mostly parted out birds (did do 11 as roasters)...and probably another 50+ lbs of necks, backs and legs for making broth. birds were CX and were 9 weeks exactly and average of 7 lbs after processing (not including necks,feet or giblets) .
We were very happy with how well they finished...but my hands were sore after that marathon!

To celebrate we went to southern Maryland and fished with my cousin.... I was a happy girl when I landed this one! We will have plenty of rockfish to go with the chicken in the freezer!

It was great to have a weekend off after last week...we butchered 50 meaties and finished and bagged it was 292 lbs of mostly parted out birds (did do 11 as roasters)...and probably another 50+ lbs of necks, backs and legs for making broth. birds were CX and were 9 weeks exactly and average of 7 lbs after processing (not including necks,feet or giblets) .
We were very happy with how well they finished...but my hands were sore after that marathon!

To celebrate we went to southern Maryland and fished with my cousin.... I was a happy girl when I landed this one! We will have plenty of rockfish to go with the chicken in the freezer!

Nice Job!

That is quite a fish too.

Last edited:

That's awesome, on both accounts. Nothing like a nicely stocked freezer!

Back
Top Bottom