Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE!

What tool do you use for the cut? I'm looking at scalpels but I don't know which size blade to order.
I use a very sharp 10 inch chefs knife. I did not like the scalpel--It requires pulling the neck skin tight and then digging for the jugular vein. One nice long pull of the knife does the job quickly and easily.

I use a butcher knife too....guess that's why they are called butcher knives, as they are uniquely designed for a good, strong cut where you want it.

Tis the season and next week I'll start butchering for the winter's canning meat. Can't wait to have that all done and those jars shining on the shelf.

Decided to increase the production line's efficacy by 50%....added another bleach jug to the line.
lol.png

What tool do you use for the cut? I'm looking at scalpels but I don't know which size blade to order.
believe it or not, after all I have gone through I know use a mini filet knife I got at walmart
lau.gif
just dont cut yourself, its so easy to do cutting jugs! @abbevilleoz
The trick is to pinch back of the head/neck area and pull it back and up towards its own back then it stretches the neck tight

Rapala knife btw either four inch or six I forget what it is

Last edited:
I saw using loppers to behead the bird was mentioned somewhere. I rather liked that idea from the standpoint of less guesswork & no sharp knives involved---can anyone tell me/point me to a place that gives more info on this?

I know there's tradeoffs on everything and I am curious to what the tradeoff on this method is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom