Processing the Packing Peanuts Warning: Graphic Photos Updated pg 2

Hi y'all,
Ten years ago, Tyson had a huge process plant near here,in DeFuniak Springs,FL. Here in the Panhandle, there are only three major roads that go east-west. Also, Each county gets one,maybe two, paved roads going north-south. Tyson's was on I-10 and US331. I don't know how much deeper south you can get from here, but the next stop-south, across the Gulf, is between Cuba and the Yucatan peninsula. Back then, I used to live in Defuniak Springs, and worked at the "plant" like everyone else that lived there. I now live 38 miles due west of where I used to live in DFS. We also have Pilgrims' Pride chicken in the grocery store. I've never heard of Claxton chicken. Since I grow,fish or hunt most of what I and the wife eat, I go to market to sell more than I buy. I also have 5 acres of Spanish peanuts, that I press for the oil that I use to fuel my diesel engines. The squeezings end up as part of the mix for poultry pellets that I extrude myself from a bronze die that I machined in my workshop. It's great to be free,have title to land and be a conservative!
All y'all take care!

Miss Prissy, can you post a pic of how you did the gutting? I'm having a hard time understanding exactly how it's done. If you don't want to post on here (don't want to offend anyone) please pm me. Thanks!

Does anyone know of a video one could see on the gutting process? You all make it sound so easy. I have looked at many sites on the process but all you get is pictures. It doesn't do the cleaning job look easy. John

Do a google search. There are lots of photos to show you how to do it. It really isn't a big deal once you set out to do it.

one of the best "how to..'s" i have found is in a sticky post at the top of "meat birds"

click on the "butcherachicken" blog, this guy a lot of clear photos and tried to explain every little step

Back
Top Bottom